Boat Slip Clean up

Not fishing related, but I hope someone may have some insight.

I have a slip in my back yard here in Big Pine. It has outrageous amounts of growth in it. Is there a tool, large rake, etc that I can use to drag across the bottom to move all the growth and jellies out? Or is there someone who has a service that can come do it?

Thanks!
2001 Pro Line 23 "Pole Dancer"
2006 Scout 190 Costa - No name yet

Replies

• DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    MPettee wrote: »
    Not fishing related, but I hope someone may have some insight.

I have a slip in my back yard here in Big Pine. It has outrageous amounts of growth in it. Is there a tool, large rake, etc that I can use to drag across the bottom to move all the growth and jellies out? Or is there someone who has a service that can come do it?

Thanks!

Google "Pond Weed Rake" and see some options...
  • edczachor36edczachor36 Posts: 219 Officer
    I've been reading about the massive canal project getting ready to start. Millions will be spent to bring the worst offenders back to snuff. Maybe you could check if your area is included. Or if they are going to be close, check with the contractor if they will have a fee based option for services rendered.
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,663 Captain
    or drag old bed spring frame thru it?
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drewvale21Drewvale21 Posts: 343 Deckhand
    My canal in eden lines is involved in tbag project. Supposedly they are putting these oxygen aerator type deals at the end of the canals in each one and the oxygen that is being released doesnt let the algae to form or grown leaving the canal to be cleaner.. That's what I read I believe, I might be wrong.. Now the algae that is on my seawall I take a rake and take it off. The algae floats away with the curent. As for my canal it was filled with jellies and algae in the bottom but even some two weeks ago the jellies and most of the algae has left leaving sandy spots that are clean. Which is a good thing.