Silent/Quiet Drag Shimano Stradic

BachjbBachjb Posts: 22 Greenhorn
I have an older stradic 5000fh and its been super reliable but just the other night I had experienced some issues with the drag.. The drag seems to be working/engaging but it doesn't make any "zinging" sound when being taken out by fish or hand. Also everything looks normal on the inside... Anyone have any ideas? Could this cause more problems in the future?
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,468 Moderator
    Should be an easy fix. Sounds like a clicker and/or clicker spring. They are tiny and easy to overlook when "things look normal" Part Numbers RD7920 and RD7919. Less than $2.00 for both
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,738 AG
    Leave it as is...Stealth fishing...You don't need everyone listening to you hook up and crowding in on you.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,196 Captain
    Jack.. got to rain on your parade... older stradics have drag clickers that can't be replaced when they break off (ask me how I know.... -if you know a trick to fix the problem, please let me know since my anglers need a noisemaker so I can hear if they're winning or losing with a big fish on....). Neither the FE, FG, or FH series have replaceable drag clickers -and for Backjb, if you look under your spool you'll see only half a clicker - the part that makes the noise has broken off. Doesn't hurt the drag at all and I've known really skilled anglers that deliberately used to remove clickers or any kind on their reels - but that would be a bad thing to do to a beginner.... in my opinion.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • BachjbBachjb Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the quick responses! I'll have to take a closer look at it but seems like it wont be too big of a deal..