9/18/14 Charlotte Harbor

Finally caught some afternoon snook. Landed 2 one 28" and 25". Had six other hits. Then 3 manatee''s came up and started eating on the trussle.

Replies

• Real VReal V Posts: 465 Officer
    They would turn on their sides and start eating the hair that is on the piling.
  • jeremy5780jeremy5780 Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    I was out on my boat yesterday fishing the east side of the harbor and herd a hissing so I looked down at my outboard thinking that was it and there was a manatee right there with its nose out of the water looking at me I could have stepped off the boat onto him he was so close. Scared the #$@% out of me!
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,109 Captain
    Lol... ever heard a manatee or dolphin with a "cold". They sort of wheez like an old man couging... that'll pucker your butt in the middle of the night when it's right next to your boat.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,875 Captain
    **** sea cow! :rotflmao nice catchin'
    Having a hard time figuring the snook out in the day time. Went out just before sunrise today. First cast Red 18", 2nd cast 19" trout. after that the bridge lights shut off. Had 3 small snook on did not land one. Then a black drum that bottom my 30 lb. boga grip out. Came in at 11:30 am.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Nice to see you are getting out so often and more importantly catching some quality fish. I have eat the smaller black drum before and they are pretty decent on the table.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes I have eaten the little ones also, but heard the big ones aren't that good. released all fish yesterday.
    My motor is giving me trouble again. It cranks right up but dies like it's not getting fuel, but I can turn the key and it starts right up again. After about 10 times then it runs. ****
    You gotta get that enrichener fixed man... my old Mercury refused to run for about 5-10 tries when it wasn't working.
    What's the enrichener? I just had it tuned up or should I say it 15000 hr tune up.
    That's the deal where you push in on the key and it sends extra fuel to the carbs... like a choke but different. With the engine off but key on you should hear something in the carbs click when you push the key in.
    Need to get a flywheel puller. 3 of the magnets in the flywheel have broke. I have the new ones. So I am down till I can replace them.
    Ugh. Wish I had one for you to use. Does Advance auto have some sort of rental tool you can use?
  • jeremy5780jeremy5780 Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    I have one you could use, nothing fancy just a simple flywheel puller. If you want to come by with your boat I have a impact gun to get the fly wheel nut off then you can pop off the fly wheel. I have replaced magnets on my older Johnson before using quick-set jb weld and it held for 250+ hours then I sold it. it's up to you my cell is 941-204-5570 if your interested
    Jeremy thanks for the offer. My son had one. We glue the magnets in today and it said to wait 24 hrs to cure. Thanks again. Itching for fishing