Some night shots

We were in St. Augustine for the past few days, and I was able to play around with the new camera. I played around with manual mode adjusting fstops, iso, exposure times....:willynilly while taking some night shots last night at Camachee Cove. I think I was/am on the right track, but would like some constructive critcism to point me in the right direction. This is all VERY new to me. I don't have a tripod, so I had to set it where I would have a steady rest,

167.jpg

163.jpg

160.jpg

157.jpg

154.jpg

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    Nice angle on the bridge in the last image. See of you can photoshop the electrical wire out of the image.
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    I also like the bridge, do you have another shot about 10 minutes later so the moon is up above the streetlights?
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 469 Deckhand
    All nice, the first is my favorite. Looks like you had fun.
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    all nice...
    i like the first one the best...

Craig is right about the bridge shot...
    should be easy to get the power line out of the image...
    you'd have winner that way...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Capt.AWCapt.AW Posts: 934 Officer
    Thanks for the positive replies! I was trying to familiarize myself with the camera more than going for substance in the photos. When I took the shot of the bridge I said to myself "this one's probably going to get ruined with the powerlines in the way" I didn't even notice the moon in it until I loaded onto the the puter. The first and the last were my two favorites as well
  • BeeferBeefer Posts: 101 Officer
    Nice shots!

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty to practice my mad PS skillz....
    And I took further liberties (just don't zoom in too much):
    ignore this
    I did the Marina too, but I have no idea what happened with this post. ???