STOLEN: Pop's Replica 1851 Colt Navy Revolver

Someone got lucky, found my spare house key, entered the house and stole my pop's non-firing, CVA 1851 Colt Navy revolver off the wall a couple days ago. I say lucky because I carry a tactical .45 (1911) and they entered the house while I was away at work. I bought the replica pistol as a gift for my pop. The 1851 Navy was my pop's favorite civil war era revolver. I constructed a nicely finished wall plaque upon which it rested with a brass nameplate and they were gracious enough to leave that on the wall.
Here's a link to the A. Uberti site with a picture of what the 1851 Navy Colt looks like:
http://www.uberti.com/navy-army-and-police-revolvers
Blued barrel and cylinder, brass oval trigger guard, back strap and bead front sight, color case hardened hammer and loading lever. The cylinder is engraved with a Naval battle scene between sailing ships. I damaged the bluing on the cylinder retainer AKA "wedge" just in front of the cylinder, right side of the barrel.
As I mentioned this is a non-firing pistol. The lock work/action between the hammer and cylinder is messed up, the cylinder is locked and the pistol is rendered no longer tactical-firing. Despite the mechanical issues there is (as you'd imagine) huge sentimental value loss here.
If anyone were to see or hear any info on my pop's old revolver- please message me.
Thank you fellow outdoorsmen.
Cheers,
Chris
Fishing: The art of trolling, jigging, baiting and casting while sweating, swearing, swatting and drinking...

Replies

• nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,209 Officer
    Maybe the bastage will test fire it

• FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,509 Captain
    Hope you find it man, that would make me sick. Hopefully the SOB that stole gets what's coming to him. I will keep an eye out.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Sorry to hear the bad news. It's worth everything to you and your pops and nothing more than a hammer to the jerk off that stole it. Did you by chance file a report with the sheriff?
  • O$PRAYO$PRAY Posts: 149 Officer
    Sorry to hear the bad news. It's worth everything to you and your pops and nothing more than a hammer to the jerk off that stole it. Did you by chance file a report with the sheriff?

Yep. I reported it and the detective is working it. If you don't report these thieves it's like it never happened.
    I hope the low life is like most criminal tards and tries to sell/pawn it or maybe do one of the JSO gun "buy backs".
    Thanks for the extra set of eyes!
    Fishing: The art of trolling, jigging, baiting and casting while sweating, swearing, swatting and drinking...
  • O$PRAYO$PRAY Posts: 149 Officer
    FLDXT wrote: »
    Hope you find it man, that would make me sick. Hopefully the SOB that stole gets what's coming to him. I will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the extra set of eyes buddy. I will not give up hope on this. Most criminals are pretty dumb and slip up.
    Cheers,