Inshore west of St James City 9/17/14 it has been along time.

I have not fished inshore in a long time. Frank(tileman) and I were going to fish Captiva pass but the weather forecaster had other ideas and put the damper on that. WE fished the flats along the slow speed buoys off Sanibel 4 to 6 ft. of water.
There was a steady bite of trout to 15 inch it was all catch and release on artis plastic and top water./
Then to the north you could see the clouds with rain moving in fast at 12:30 we pulled our lines and ran in unloaded the boat at the Waters Edge Marina just as the rain hit . Still nice to get on the water.
larrywitt

Replies

• justaddmusclejustaddmuscle Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    I cant wait to get out there this week end. There has been some really big trouts directly across from Saint James City on that big Sand Bar that looks like it has fingers. on the head of it where it says its around 3 feet on the chart I have caught quite a few 20-24 inch trouts on cut pinfish with or with out the popping cork. The trout fishing has been great around that area with cut bait. Also caught a 24" Spanish Mack which was really weird in a couple of feet of water near the shoreline across from Saint James cant remember the name of that inlet there,it has a really deep hole near the entrance and a really long Sand bar next to the mangroves where every one catches bait.