Opinions On Edgewater Boats

sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
In the market for a new bay boat this year. Edgewater IS220 with Yamaha 250 is on my very short list. Anybody have experiences with Edgewater's or possibly their newer Inshore series boats ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250

Replies

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,348 Moderator
    An experienced builder who has been putting out a quality product for years.
    Sorry no experience with their new inshore series.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Edgewater220Edgewater220 Posts: 488 Officer
    I have had the 220is for two years and love it. Great boat have fished other bay boats and nothing I have been on rides like my Edgewater SOLID boat. I have the upper helm station on mine awesome addition for Cobia and Tarpon fishing. I have had it 30 miles offshore so far I just pick my days and can usually out run the bigger boats once out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Edgewater 220IS (Dan)
    Mercury 250 Verado
    Minn Kota I-pilot
    2 Simrad NSS 9 evo 2
    1 Simrad NSS 7 evo2
  • Edgewater220Edgewater220 Posts: 488 Officer
    I have had the 220is for two years and love it. Great boat have fished other bay boats and nothing I have been on rides like my Edgewater SOLID boat. I have the upper helm station on mine awesome addition for Cobia and Tarpon fishing. I have had it 30 miles offshore so far I just pick my days and can usually out run the bigger boats once out there. If you go visit their shop in Edgewater, Fl you can see how they are built. By the way the guys that started Edgewater are former Boston Whaler engineers who had new ideas they wanted to use on the boats and they would let them because they did not want to change what works for them. SPI was their new technique they incorporated in the Edgewater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Edgewater 220IS (Dan)
    Mercury 250 Verado
    Minn Kota I-pilot
    2 Simrad NSS 9 evo 2
    1 Simrad NSS 7 evo2
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Great running surface for what it is... A bay boat. As mentioned above, it's second to none and it's capabilities will please you!

I have the 2202 in a tunnel, built by century before they closed and sold inshore molds and tooling to EW.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"