Minn Kota Riptide 55 not beeping

RedRoperRedRoper Posts: 5 Greenhorn
My Minn Kota riptide works but doesn't beep. It is working better now that I have redone some things (before it would turn slow and spin VERY slow, battery level lights were dim), but it still isn't right. It should beep when it gets power and when I change the speed. Trolling motor works and beeps (with my plug) at repair shop, so I know it's good. I've replaced the boat side plug and redid the butt connections. There is only 1 butt connection per wire. I have tried bypassing the breaker switch. I have tried wiring up straight to the main motor battery (which starts my boat without fail every time), but I can't get this thing to beep. I don't think it is an audio profile problem (different tones can be set using the remote) but I'm not sure what the issue is. I have my batteries charging now hoping that they don't have enough amp power and just need to be recharged, but I would think it takes more amps to turn the main motor over than make a trolling motor beep, maybe not.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Replies

• JU-JuJU-Ju Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Sounds like a battery problem to me....
  • idlerickidlerick Posts: 222 Deckhand
    I have a PD55, and I have hand-written in the manual that if the beeping stops working, to depress the reset button on the side. Don't know where I got that, or when, but maybe that will work for you.
    Let me know. I'm curious now myself.
    :)
  • RedRoperRedRoper Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I will try that when I get home after work. Hopefully my batteries will be charged by then, I'll repost and let you know what happens.
  • LB200LB200 Posts: 298 Officer
    Unless you need to remove it often the best thing to do is hardwire them and forget about the plugs. The plugs are a never ending spot for corrosion and lousy connections!
  • RedRoperRedRoper Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Thanks fellas, it was the battery.