vibe ghost 130

I have around an 800-900 budget I saw this kayak on Craigslist package deal. Any better suggestions? My priorities are stability for standing up, comfort and fishability. Mainly for inshore fishing. Thanks
boatless for now

Replies

• Nickipod98Nickipod98 Posts: 277 Officer
    Nickipod98 wrote: »
    I have around an 800-900 budget I saw this kayak on Craigslist package deal. Any better suggestions? My priorities are stability for standing up, comfort and fishability. Mainly for inshore fishing. Thanks
    I want to be able to stand and pole
    boatless for now
    Anybody
    boatless for now
  • superman48superman48 Posts: 67 Deckhand
    i never seen one in person, but it looks like a tarpon kayak. have you done reasearch on it yet? it looks like you could stand in calm water with good balance.
    superman48 wrote: »
    i never seen one in person, but it looks like a tarpon kayak. have you done reasearch on it yet? it looks like you could stand in calm water with good balance.

Yes, also looking at suggestions in that range. I love the cudas but theyre hard to find on craigslist.
    boatless for now
  • t320pilott320pilot Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Have you looked at the Ascend FS128T ? For $699 you get a new, ready to fish kayak. It's good for standing too.
    Nickipod98 wrote: »
    I nave read about leaks with that kayak so i am worried i will probably get that so i can have space to buy accessories. Im pretty sure thered be an easy fix for that
    boatless for now
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Don't know anybody that owns one, nor have I paddled one....here's what I was able to find on the WWW-

Retail- $749
    These boats are made in China by Cool Kayak and have been sold under a couple different names. They knocked-off (copied) the Surf to Summit GTS Elite, Ocean Kayak ModPod lid, Wilderness Systems Orbix hatch and the hull itself looks like a old style Wilderness Systems Ride 135.

Ningbo Kuer Kayak Co., Ltd- http://coolkayak.en.made-in-china.com/productimage/OvQEymXxHYVq-2f1j00sSmtQYpJlMky/China-Newly-Designed-Fishing-Kayak-with-Pedals-and-Rudder.html

Newly-Designed-Fishing-Kayak-with-Pedals-and-Rudder.jpg
    I guess I'll stay away from that. I'm concerned about leaking on fs128t. Other than that it looks like a great kayak. It looks really stable and that is one of my priorities, also the seat is a big plus. I want it but I don't want it at the same time. So anybody have suggestions on what kayak to get with stability and comfort in mind.?
    boatless for now
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,684 Captain
    I got mine on craigslist, and if you keep looking sooner or later you will find the best value there.... Good luck
    Fs128t?
    boatless for now
    Ok so no to fs128t what kayak should I get then
    boatless for now
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Here's a well equipped Ocean Kayak Big Game that would fit your needs & budget nicely-

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?165066-2013-Ocean-Kayak-Prowler-Big-Game

20140810_124222.jpg
    Thanks but really far I'm in the Miami area. That looks good though
    boatless for now
  • t320pilott320pilot Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    My FS128T only slightly leaks around the top hatches if sprayed with a garden hose. It is only a few ounces of water, like 4-6 oz. No leaks at all from the hull while paddling. The fix is a $5.00 tube of silicone.
    Only campers should worry about keeping it completely dry for clothes, etc...
    t320pilot wrote: »
    My FS128T only slightly leaks around the top hatches if sprayed with a garden hose. It is only a few ounces of water, like 4-6 oz. No leaks at all from the hull while paddling. The fix is a $5.00 tube of silicone.
    Only campers should worry about keeping it completely dry for clothes, etc...

I also have heard about the floor dipping by seat area.
    boatless for now
    I'm gonna go with the malibu stealth12
    boatless for now
    Never mind I went to my local shop and I will go for the cruise 12
    boatless for now
    Crap now I'm stuck between buying a tandem fishing kayak that is less comfortable vs a cruise 12
    I would want the tandem because I can fish with a friend (I'm 16). Only thing is the cruise 12 looks so nice. Maybe I could convince my friend to buy a kayak for himself. It's a pretty hard decision.
    boatless for now
    Anyone?
    boatless for now
  • R.DitullioR.Ditullio Posts: 121 Officer
    look for Native ultimates too
  • TrevfishinTrevfishin Posts: 587 Officer
    Look on Craigslist...tell your friend to get his own kayak...who knows how long ya'll will be friends
    Trevfishin wrote: »
    Look on Craigslist...tell your friend to get his own kayak...who knows how long ya'll will be friends
    Only problem with that is that the Miami Craigslist is mostly just shifty kayaks for 299 and 399 I check on their several times a day looking for deals but I rarely come across something I'm looking for.
    boatless for now
  • TrevfishinTrevfishin Posts: 587 Officer
    Don't be in a hurry, one will pop up, but ya gotta be quick. I'd look on the gulf side as well, Fort Myers area
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Posts: 102 Deckhand
    Use the Google Alerts. You can set the word or phrase of exactly what you're looking for. The moment it appears anywhere on the web including Craigslist, It'll show up on your inbox. That's how I got my Wavewalk for $800. It's incredibly stable. I can fly fish, throw a cast net or even add a poling platform if I wish.
    Alright nautical ventures has a trident 13 with a free 200 dollar action camera. I think I'll go with this do I can record fishing
    boatless for now