The official end of FCFS (at least for now)

HuntnFLHuntnFL Posts: 184 Officer
Dear Florida hunter:

This is to let you know about a change regarding the processes the FWC uses to reissue returned quota permits. In light of the popularity of public hunting opportunities in Florida, combined with the recent difficulties with the first-come, first-served processes for reissuing returned quota permits, we have reviewed the Recreational Licensing Issuance Services (RLIS) system and considered customer feedback and needs. Based on the desire to best serve our stakeholders, we have decided to now reissue returned quota permits by random drawing. This new process will begin this Saturday, September 6.

We will see how long this system lasts.

Replies

• BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    Well this SUCKS!
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    Well this SUCKS!

:Agree
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • Duckbill68Duckbill68 Posts: 265 Deckhand
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    That sucks! FWC sucks! Rather than fix the problem, dump the system.
    just like when it went non transferable , they thought it would improve and they still ain't getting permits and we now go to random draw , they still not gonna get permits . What to **** about next . Gotta love public land .
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    [IMG][/img]
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,724 Captain
    For those who did not get the MEMO....

Dear Florida hunter:

This is to let you know about a change regarding the processes the FWC uses to reissue returned quota permits. In light of the popularity of public hunting opportunities in Florida, combined with the recent difficulties with the first-come, first-served processes for reissuing returned quota permits, we have reviewed the Recreational Licensing Issuance Services (RLIS) system and considered customer feedback and needs. Based on the desire to best serve our stakeholders, we have decided to now reissue returned quota permits by random drawing. This new process will begin this Saturday, September 6.

¨ The process for returning quota permits will remain the same – hunters may return permits online ten or more days in advance of the hunt. All permits returned Saturday through Friday will be available in each weekly reissue period.

¨ The Permit Availability webpage will show all permits as they are returned, just as it always has. Each Saturday, hunters can see all hunts available to apply for by looking at the “Available Quota” column.

¨ The application periods for the weekly quota reissues will be Saturday at 12:00 noon Eastern time through Tuesday at 12:00 noon Eastern time.

¨ Standard quota rules and exemptions apply. Only one application per permit type may be submitted per customer, with up to five choices per application.

¨ Applications may be submitted online at License.MyFWC.com or at a license agent.

¨ Random drawings will be conducted on Tuesday afternoons, and results will be posted by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.

¨ Any permits that are leftover after each week’s drawings will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. through Friday.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as our agency has worked through these changes to make this process as fair as possible for our stakeholders.

Best of luck this season, and thank you for hunting in Florida!

FWC Office of Licensing and Permitting

FWC Division of Hunting and Game Management

[/I][/I]
  • BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    just like when it went non transferable , they thought it would improve and they still ain't getting permits and we now go to random draw , they still not gonna get permits . What to **** about next . Gotta love public land .

Thats the Truth I can only imagine what the future has in store for us....
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,015 Moderator
    Wonderful! :rolleyes

You get one application PER PERMIT type with FIVE choices for each. Absolute worst case scenario. I understand the fairness of having a drawing instead but the pool just increased at least 5 fold. I'd rather a decent chance at one hunt than no chance at 5. Better start buying lotto tickets because you have a better shot at winning that and buying your own land.
  • davidfloridadavidflorida Posts: 1,120 Officer
    there will be a lot of wasted permits now.
    If you can't hear it your not listening.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,922 Captain
    **** I wish they would have moved the time. Because I know im better on a computer than most lol oh well.

I think this comes from comments on here where some people cannot get in and others get 2 or 3 permits. Their system just can't handle it. I would imagine they're gonna get a better system to handle and fcfs will come back....hopefully on a weekend
  • ROGERSANCHEZROGERSANCHEZ Posts: 312 Deckhand
    james 14 wrote: »

You get one application PER PERMIT type with FIVE choices for each. Absolute worst case scenario. I understand the fairness of having a drawing instead but the pool just increased at least 5 fold. I'd rather a decent chance at one hunt than no chance at 5. Better start buying lotto tickets because you have a better shot at winning that and buying your own land.

They dropped the ball there BIG TIME. They should have made you choose from ALL available hunts within your 5 choices (wild hog, archery, GG, ML, etc). There will be a boat load of wasted permits. I can see it now..... "let me see, what do I choose as my 5th choice for archery?? Hey, XXXXX WMA, why not!". I'm not pleased with this decision to change from FCFS and I'm even more displeased with this new format. The window to apply is way too long as well, in my opinion. Rant over, haha.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,922 Captain
    They dropped the ball there BIG TIME. They should have made you choose from ALL available hunts within your 5 choices (wild hog, archery, GG, ML, etc). There will be a boat load of wasted permits. I can see it now..... "let me see, what do I choose as my 5th choice for archery?? Hey, XXXXX WMA, why not!". I'm not pleased with this decision to change from FCFS and I'm even more displeased with this new format. The window to apply is way too long as well, in my opinion. Rant over, haha.
    Agree it should be a short window so that casual hunters just dont apply for the hell of it. Hell I apply the first 15 min the draw window opens and its usually open 10 days lol
  • spfldbowhunterspfldbowhunter Posts: 925 Officer
    The whiners have it...
    Eph. 3:20
    Reel Teal wrote: »
    I would imagine they're gonna get a better system to handle and fcfs will come back....hopefully on a weekend

:rotflmao never gonna see FCFS , EVER !!!!
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    [IMG][/img]
  • kgatorkgator Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Agree, people are going to apply because they can. Many more permits will go to waste because there is nothing to lose. Might as well give all the permits to PETA and let them deal with it.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    and I just figured out what FCFS meant.... I guess the spinning barrel will prevail after all. Where do you send you red ticket in for this new drawing?
  • evilman00evilman00 Posts: 265 Officer
    For me works better i least i got the chance to re apply,,, i was never available at 10 am ,, anyways those permits were gone in half a second
  • DONY 1DONY 1 Posts: 557 Officer
    Say good bye to the fcfs system. It will never come back. Once they take it away it's gone. And for all you guys that think this is a better idea please post up all the hunts you're able to get with this new draw. If I remember right there was an awful lot of *****in about not drawing hunts in the 1st and 2nd phase. Now take 3/4's of the same amount of people and apply them to a handful of permits and what do you get? The same amount of permits you got before. Jack *****
    Don't cost nuttin to be nice
  • mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,194 Officer
    not to point fingers or call people out but its **** funny the first ones *****ing about this are the ones with more permits then any one person should have and not to stop at one or two hunt and let other have some .....its not being fair and let other have chances at permits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    Finally a FAIR system! Permits are still going to be returned, permits are still going to be re-issued, you have the same equal chance to draw one as the next guy! I hope they never go back to fcfs! And believe it or not, you don't need a quota to go to the woods with friends and famillly, enjoy yourself and still have the opportunity to harvest something.
  • Iggy7Iggy7 Posts: 58 Greenhorn
    On one hand, I hate to see the FCFS go. I like it when it is working. On the other hand, I have been frozen out for the last 3-4 weeks with no shot at a permit. At least I have an outside shot now. Here's hoping they bring back FCFS, but with a system that can actually handle all the traffic.
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    %*^# this. I'm going snook fishing.
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    The whiners have it...
    That bites, I kinda liked the redraw thing. At least u knew the people getting the permits were ones they would actually use. Random drawing ? Booooooooo !
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    What's really sad is all the tens of thousands public land acres that no or very limited hunting. Just think if they opened it all up and followed the seasons the state allows. Nobody would complain and it would never be over crowded.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Skunk Ape wrote: »
    What's really sad is all the tens of thousands public land acres that no or very limited hunting. Just think if they opened it all up and followed the seasons the state allows. Nobody would complain and it would never be over crowded.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINER
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    pbsnooker wrote: »
    Finally a FAIR system!

FCFS was fair, not a drawing where I can apply for 10 of my buddies who normally wouldn't or don't know how to because if I get them a permit they will let me guest.

Still sound fair?
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    Better start saving those preferance points if you ever want to win a quata hunt again.
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    james 14 wrote: »

YEP!

You guys who are happy about this must not be too good with calculating odds because they just went to **** for everyone. Oh and not only do we get to pick 5 choices for each season BUT so do our wives, kids, and other friends/family members.

I also find it incredibly ironic that the majority of those posting on this thread so far are unhappy about the change.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    FCFS was fair, not a drawing where I can apply for 10 of my buddies who normally wouldn't or don't know how to because if I get them a permit they will let me guest.

Still sound fair?

Exactly. Those who wanted it more and were more committed did better at FCFS. Now everyone loses and lots of permits will go to waste.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    Complete bs.. What amazes me is that there was no way for the general public to even input their piece of mind on the matter. there is no where on the fwc website, or their facebook at that, to show the posibity to changing over. if it were not for this forum and a comment made by the admin then NO ONE would of know.
    "considered customer feedback and needs. Based on the desire to best serve our stakeholders, we have decided to now reissue returned quota permits by random drawing."
    How did the general public know about the transition?
    No matter how you put it, its wrong. something of that big of an effect on hunting should have public knowlage, and not be done in the shadows whre no one can speak.
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    All those people you mentioned, were they sitting at the computer at 10 am on Tuesday's? If not at least they will have a chance to draw a permit now!