Labor Day weekend

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
Looks too rough to fish offshore :Sinking
Y'all hitting canals for Snakehead or just giving the kayaks a break?
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Get drunk in lake boca. Ride up on the yak with a fishbag full of booze
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 849 Officer
    Produkt wrote: »
    Get drunk in lake boca. Ride up on the yak with a fishbag full of booze

Best idea I heard all day!

Sunday/Monday may be possible. Sunday IS the last day of the Tournament.:cry
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    I Plan on fishing this Sunday. Not sure where though. I'll have to watch out for the :Glass boaters. Stay safe he who chooses to fish.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    I'm betting on Saturday only being 5-10kts. Probably trying for an early on early off trip to avoid the masses. I'm guessing the boat traffic will be worse Sunday/Monday.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
    We'll see how the weather plays out, but yeah, please be careful of the boat traffic this weekend everyone!

Oh, and if anyone is interested in just paddling without fishing, I see on facebook that Nautical Ventures is having a Demo day on Saturday.
  • drod13drod13 Posts: 259 Officer
    jcanracer wrote: »
    We'll see how the weather plays out, but yeah, please be careful of the boat traffic this weekend everyone!

Oh, and if anyone is interested in just paddling without fishing, I see on facebook that Nautical Ventures is having a Demo day on Saturday.

Never been there or been to a demo. You think they will have the new hobie outback?
    What time does the demo start? I get off at 0800 and can pass by before heading home.
    2013 OK Trident 13/2015 Hobie Outback :fishing jig.gif
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
    drod13 wrote: »
    Never been there or been to a demo. You think they will have the new hobie outback?
    What time does the demo start? I get off at 0800 and can pass by before heading home.
    11am-3pm
    I doubt they would have the new Outback already, but I might go just to be sure!
  • jivariejivarie Posts: 127 Officer
    Every Morning should be good till about 10am at the least with no significant wave action Sat or Sun. And honestly, the wind reports are for less than 10 most of the time. Shouldn't be any issues getting offshore this weekend.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishing - Help the kayakfishing community grow!
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    15-17 now LW pier. Monday may be a go!
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    drod13 wrote: »
    2015 Hobies don't start shipping till September 1st. :banghead
  • CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Looks too rough to fish offshore :Sinking
    Y'all hitting canals for Snakehead or just giving the kayaks a break?

Going to do some fish for some snake heads this afternoon hit me up.