Buggin in Biscayne Bay

Tried diving for bugs from the yak today for the first time. Success. Got a quick limit, and threw back a few keepers to get at the biggins. They were all caught in 6-8' depths, good for me since I'm not much of a diver.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Nice catch. A buddy of mine does bully netting at night in the bay, and he does very well also.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    kayakfrank wrote: »
    Nice catch. A buddy of mine does bully netting at night in the bay, and he does very well also.

Bully netting from a yak? I want to try it, not sure how feasible it is seated in a kayak though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,304 Moderator
    Nice!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    Solid. Next trip call me. I want I NEED lobsters in my life
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Try a paddle board. It would be great for bully netting.
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/peter.hinck.52?fref=nf[/video]
    Bully netting from a yak? I want to try it, not sure how feasible it is seated in a kayak though.
  • ReddsharkkReddsharkk Posts: 37 Deckhand
    took my kayak out of boca inlet today. patch reefs in around 25 feet. visibility was awful. hard to see what i was over. bottom visibility eventually went downhill too. got four bugs. two big dudes and two legal. its a long paddle and swim lol. do it all the time though. aint paying 16$ to park at red reef or spanish river when silver palm is free, even if it adds a few miles each way. gave my heads to a guy pulling his boat out for chum.

always down to go with others.
  • ReddsharkkReddsharkk Posts: 37 Deckhand
    freediving btw.
  • tltypeslowtltypeslow Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Nice haul
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    Nice to see that you only keep what you can.You never know when FWC might show up and give you a fat ticket.
    2015 Hobie Outback.