Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mexcio Beach catch

McGirt seems to find the fish out of MB. Figured I'd post a picture - he's a hunting buddy out of Sylvester who will get after em on the water too.....

298238_10150300876156766_731816765_8397456_1614113985_n.jpg

Need to buddy boat with him soon....so it seems,.
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    Looks like he ran up on a nice rip somewhere.

He usually does around 40 -50 miles out - Saturday was flat too. He's a Marine and not too scared of anything, me - I'm not so sure I want to trust that 2 banger on his 23ft Grady 50 out...
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,285 Officer
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    He usually does around 40 -50 miles out - Saturday was flat too. He's a Marine and not too scared of anything, me - I'm not so sure I want to trust that 2 banger on his 23ft Grady 50 out...

I take my 23 out 50-60 miles on a regular basis. I also carry extra gas, extra batts, extra anchor, extra bilge pump, etc. If you are fully prepared and pick your weather windows wisely it's a decision that is easily made for me.
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,298 Admiral
    That's a nice bunch of fish!
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Mahi !! Yum......
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • JTRJTR Posts: 1,176 Officer
    We run our 23 out 30 miles on average.

Just make sure you keep your boat and all safety gear tight.
  • Joe PesciJoe Pesci Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Quite a few dolphin off Carrabelle this weekend for some reason. Water was very clear if that has anything to do with it. Put a herd of chickens in the box N. West of O-Tower Sunday.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,893 Captain
    :beer Good box of fish. I fish in that general area most of the time, and we usually do very well. My wife was apparently keeping track of the fuel bill during the Snapper season and $2600 was the figure she kept throwing around:cry
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    Klinger wrote: »
    :beer Good box of fish. I fish in that general area most of the time, and we usually do very well. My wife was apparently keeping track of the fuel bill during the Snapper season and $2600 was the figure she kept throwing around:cry

Priceless............2600/2 = 1300 miles on the water, saweet.
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    Nice mess of fish! You just never know what you are going to find 40 miles out of MB. I love to go out there, or used to. We haven't been in a couple of years but usually came back with a nice mix of fish.
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    AJ's off the Empire Mica will make your day.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
    Rhettley wrote: »
    Nice mess of fish! You just never know what you are going to find 40 miles out of MB. I love to go out there, or used to. We haven't been in a couple of years but usually came back with a nice mix of fish.

I've only Chartered and done decent everytime...
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,893 Captain
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    Priceless............2600/2 = 1300 miles on the water, saweet.

That did include fuel expenses pulling the boat to PC and back every weekend. I normally get about 2.8 MPG on the boat.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams