GOP Tells Obama to Ignore Congress One Day After Suing Him for Ignoring Congress.....

2»

Replies

  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Throttle wrote: »
    You claimed: Still waiting for the citation on that.
    What exactly is the basis of presumption that the children may be victims of trafficking, without which a hearing doesn't seem necessary? Also, why are the adults that still make up the majority of illegals allowed to stay? Face it, the kids aren't trafficking victims; they are brought here for a price by Mexican coyotes, apparently with the cooperation of the Mexican government. And whether it's children or adults sneaking in our government is also complicit. Our handling of these huge numbers of illegals is nothing but a green light for even huger numbers, and it's all by design: create a "crisis", don't let it go to waste...


    Sounds like a RWNJ manufactured "crisis" to me. The greatest influx of illegals came in under Bush during the time the repubs had control of both the House and Senate. We both know why that happened and why nothing was done about it; ie the repub puppet masters want these workers. Since Obama became president the population of illegals has decreased (due to the economy primarily) so why NOW is this a "crisis" when it never was when the repubs were in control and the influx and illegal population was higher?
    Sounds to me that this is just another in a long like of repub manufactured crises where the RWNJ's want Obama to clean up their mess AGAIN THEN **** that he's not doing it fast enough.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    Throttle wrote: »
    You realize that what you call "due process" is actually catch and release, and not at all lawful. The illegals should be held in detention until their "due process" is through, and then deported. Also, the "crisis" wouldn't exist if we'd start enforcing the law. This "crisis" has been intentionally created by the Obama administration in order to create public impetus for "comprehensive immigration reform", much as the federally sanctioned gun running to the Mexican cartels, AKA "fast and furious" was supposed to create a public outcry for more gun control laws. How'd that work out?

    It is not Obamas fault. He is nothing more than the Straw Man. Just follow the money. There are both GOP and Dems. that want and need this influx, and it has nothing to do with a Humanitarian course. Look at who owns these so called housing and detention centers.
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »
    Sounds like a RWNJ manufactured "crisis" to me. The greatest influx of illegals came in under Bush during the time the repubs had control of both the House and Senate. We both know why that happened and why nothing was done about it; ie the repub puppet masters want these workers. Since Obama became president the population of illegals has decreased (due to the economy primarily) so why NOW is this a "crisis" when it never was when the repubs were in control and the influx and illegal population was higher?
    Sounds to me that this is just another in a long like of repub manufactured crises where the RWNJ's want Obama to clean up their mess AGAIN THEN **** that he's not doing it fast enough.

    Loosing faith in you Chubs. It has nothing to do with workers. Se post 33
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,253 AG
    The premise of the OP is a fail....confusing responsibility with overstepping.....
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    Loosing faith in you Chubs. It has nothing to do with workers. Se post 33


    Only 1 in a thousand end up in a detention center. It has everything to do with the workers. If there were no jobs they would not be here and the POWERS that be in both parties want them here. No reason to ever lose faith in me. If you start doubting again just read my location under my avatar.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    The premise of the OP is a fail....confusing responsibility with overstepping.....

    GOP Admits It's Hypocritical To Sue Obama Yet Urge Him To Act Alone On Border Crisis

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/01/border-crisis-tom-cole_n_5641292.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    150281_600.jpg
    Chubasco.jpg
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    GOP Admits It's Hypocritical To Sue Obama Yet Urge Him To Act Alone On Border Crisis

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/01/border-crisis-tom-cole_n_5641292.html

    "Look, you can't say on the one hand that the president is overreaching by acting without legislative authority and direction and then refuse to give him legislative authority and direction in another area," Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a frequent voice of moderation in the House GOP conference, said on MSNBC's "The Daily Rundown."


    :grin

  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,253 AG
    Lame attempt to rationalize Obama's unconstitutional behavior.
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    Lame attempt to rationalize Obama's unconstitutional behavior.

    What specific charges do you feel will prevail.....:Popcorn

  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,253 AG
    sEEkEr wrote: »
    What specific charges do you feel will prevail.....:Popcorn
    I imagine you feel the ends justify the means and willingly look the other way. The power structure is upside down and you know it.
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    I imagine you feel the ends justify the means and willingly look the other way. The power structure is upside down and you know it.

    Is that your final answer.....:grin

  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,830 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »
    Sounds like a RWNJ manufactured "crisis" to me. The greatest influx of illegals came in under Bush during the time the repubs had control of both the House and Senate. We both know why that happened and why nothing was done about it; ie the repub puppet masters want these workers. Since Obama became president the population of illegals has decreased (due to the economy primarily) so why NOW is this a "crisis" when it never was when the repubs were in control and the influx and illegal population was higher?
    Sounds to me that this is just another in a long like of repub manufactured crises where the RWNJ's want Obama to clean up their mess AGAIN THEN **** that he's not doing it fast enough.
    You're still ducking any backup on your claim that the law "requires these minors to be released to their relatives as expeditiously a possible", so you may as well admit you made that up. And while illegals have trickled in steadily no matter who the president was, I just don't recall them ever showing up in such numbers that the government had to try to disperse them, bussing them all over the country. And I don't recall any such dramatic influx of unaccompanied minors (neither do I remember any previous president busting out his "phone and pen" and enacting the "dream act" unilaterally.) Yeah, this must be some made up crisis. One that requires an extra $3.7 billion to fix.
    "Obama Requests $3.7 Billion To Deal With Border Crisis"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/obama-border-crisis_n_5567258.html
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by chubasco

    Sounds like a RWNJ manufactured "crisis" to me. The greatest influx of illegals came in under Bush during the time the repubs had control of both the House and Senate. We both know why that happened and why nothing was done about it; ie the repub puppet masters want these workers. Since Obama became president the population of illegals has decreased (due to the economy primarily) so why NOW is this a "crisis" when it never was when the repubs were in control and the influx and illegal population was higher?
    Sounds to me that this is just another in a long like of repub manufactured crises where the RWNJ's want Obama to clean up their mess AGAIN THEN **** that he's not doing it fast enough.

    Throttle wrote: »
    You're still ducking any backup on your claim that the law "requires these minors to be released to their relatives as expeditiously a possible", so you may as well admit you made that up. And while illegals have trickled in steadily no matter who the president was, I just don't recall them ever showing up in such numbers that the government had to try to disperse them, bussing them all over the country. And I don't recall any such dramatic influx of unaccompanied minors (neither do I remember any previous president busting out his "phone and pen" and enacting the "dream act" unilaterally.) Yeah, this must be some made up crisis. One that requires an extra $3.7 billion to fix.
    "Obama Requests $3.7 Billion To Deal With Border Crisis"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08/obama-border-crisis_n_5567258.html


    Instead, it (the 2008 law) required that they be given an opportunity to appear at an immigration hearing and consult with an advocate, and it recommended that they have access to counsel. It also required that they be turned over to the care of the Department of Health and Human Services, and the agency was directed to place the minor “in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child” and to explore reuniting those children with family members.


    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/us/immigrant-surge-rooted-in-law-to-curb-child-trafficking.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

    Here is a copy of the law. I will not hold my breath waiting for you apology.

    http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm


    A study by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees found that 58 percent of the unaccompanied children are motivated by safety concerns, fearing conditions back home.

    http://www.unhcrwashington.org/sites/default/files/1_UAC_Children%20on%20the%20Run_Full%20Report.pdf
    Chubasco.jpg
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.