CAR-15 Pre-ban Heavy barrel with extras

Up for sale, PWA Arsenal CAR-15 Commando Assault rifle. 5.56 NATO, .223 caliber. Short, heavy barrel, with flash supressor. This is a low serial number, sought after pre ban weapon, I have owned for over 25 years. Very light use, less than 2000 rounds through it. Great condition. Comes with eight 30 round aluminum magazines, and one 20 round mag. Comes with bayonet, sling, Assault Systems padded case that holds everything. Also included 400 rounds of quality ammunition. Located in Deerfield Beach. Selling everything together for $900. I have no use for trades, need the cash and is the only reason I am selling this instead of keeping it and passing down to my family. Please e-mail [email protected] for more details.

Edit: Can sell rifle, mags, and case for $800. Have a buyer for the ammo.

Replies

• badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,568 Officer
    There is a ban?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    There is a ban?

There was from 1994-2004.
  • badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,568 Officer
    So what your saying is its old. Otherwise it doesn't matter

Sorry it is a nice gun, just a pet peeve of mine when people describe "pre-ban" as if it means anything. Good luck with the sale.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
  • skinnysideskinnyside Posts: 37 Deckhand
    So what your saying is its old. Otherwise it doesn't matter

Sorry it is a nice gun, just a pet peeve of mine when people describe "pre-ban" as if it means anything. Good luck with the sale.

It is my understanding, that it would matter if you live or wanted to sell the gun in New York, Massachusetts and another state, maybe New Hampshire? With a lower reciever stamped with a serial number made before the ban you can legally have more than one assault type optional configuration on the weapon, i.e. folding stock, or bayonet lug. Obviously it means nothing if you live here and plan to stay here or other normal states.
    Updated ad: Can sell rifle, mags, case, bayonet for $800. Have a buyer for the ammunition.
    SOLD