Israel has a right to exist and defend itself

2»

Replies

• ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,969 Admiral
    Parkerboy where'd you go? You were trying to discredit me and after a lobed a round your way you disappear.

I'm here but I have a life outside of FS forum so unlike some I am not here 24/7. BTW, I was not infantry or artillery, I was in the Navy in helicopters and spent most of my time with jarheads. But saw too many 105's and 155's fired to count and those jarheads were remarkably accurate even 40+ years ago. Today these weapons are even more accurate as both the U.S. and Israel have GPS guided artillery not to mention the GPS guided bombs. That said chit happens even with these weapons such as incorrect coordinates being entered or as in this case the ragheads surrounding themselves with women and children or firing their rockets from schools and hospitals. In their doing this the injuries and deaths of the civilians are on the hands of the Hamas.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk
    Deo Vindice
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    I'm here but I have a life outside of FS forum so unlike some I am not here 24/7. BTW, I was not infantry or artillery, I was in the Navy in helicopters and spent most of my time with jarheads. But saw too many 105's and 155's fired to count and those jarheads were remarkably accurate even 40+ years ago. Today these weapons are even more accurate as both the U.S. and Israel have GPS guided artillery not to mention the GPS guided bombs. That said chit happens even with these weapons such as incorrect coordinates being entered or as in this case the ragheads surrounding themselves with women and children or firing their rockets from schools and hospitals. In their doing this the injuries and deaths of the civilians are on the hands of the Hamas.

You missed. And that's the point. It's not the munitions going down range, but the ones you receive. The math is to return correct fire, like in a city, you need to radar 3 rounds from at least 2 different positions to return accurate fire.

As for your comment about life outside of FS, you had no problem replying in other threads. Not saying you're lying, let's just say disengious at worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I reply to threads that interest me first and then work my way down the line. I don't believe you have kept up with the technology used today in artillery fire. There have been great advances in target acquisition and aiming just as in "smart bombs" via laser designation. Both the U.S. and Israel have the ability to acquire a target and place a single round, first fire, within in ten meters.
    Deo Vindice
    I reply to threads that interest me first and then work my way down the line. I don't believe you have kept up with the technology used today in artillery fire. There have been great advances in target acquisition and aiming just as in "smart bombs" via laser designation. Both the U.S. and Israel have the ability to acquire a target and place a single round, first fire, within in ten meters.
    That's propaganda. Maybe in the lab but not in reality. If that were the case 100 meter would no longer be danger close, in either direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    That's propaganda. Maybe in the lab but not in reality. If that were the case 100 meter would no longer be danger close, in either direction.

Read the attached and realize the article is three years old. The fourth paragraph addresses accuracy.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/new-israeli-artillery-concepts-technology-combine

Deo Vindice
    Read the attached and realize the article is three years old. The fourth paragraph addresses accuracy.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/new-israeli-artillery-concepts-technology-combine

I guess that over rules a infantry battalion commander I had lunch with last month in lake vermillion that I went to ranger school with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I guess that over rules a infantry battalion commander I had lunch with last month in lake vermillion that I went to ranger school with.

I guess so.

Deo Vindice
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain

Impressive. You're talking rump ranger school, correct?

:grin