Dream day on the flats

Fished with a buddy yesterday and only managed 2 fish, small red and even smaller trout, all morning. Asked him if he wanted to try again Sunday morning and he said with the action so slow, that he would sleep in. So I headed out by myself this morning to fish the same area near the St. Lucie power plant. Launched at 5:45 and by 6:00 the 1st fish was in the yak. Bait was getting busted everywhere and I was the only one on the flat :dance.. From 6am-8am it was non-stop action. My top water plug was getting crushed just about every throw. Best fish of the day was a 39" snook. Caught lots of snook & trout and one redfish to complete the inshore slam. Biggest trout was 25". Released everything except the big trout. I tried to revive her for 15 minutes but she just kept going belly up :banghead, so she came home for dinner. By 9am the bite was just about over and the sun was getting hot so I called it a day. It was one of the most epic 3 hrs of fishing that I have had in some time. :cool
jgocnk.jpg
Tight Lines..

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    Got some nice fish there!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • pond725pond725 Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    went out straight from mud creek,no luck until hooked up to big jack. there was nothing to the north but one small snook. was hot thought
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Looks awesome, I gotta fish up there soon
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Solllllllllllid fish
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
  • veroyaker14veroyaker14 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Dang I was debating whether to fish the power plant or go bass fishing this morning... Definitely should have hit the river instead of the marsh!:banghead Nice fish man!
  • Jmt2404Jmt2404 Posts: 188 Officer
    Great morning! I love the short but hot mornings like that! Great job. Way to jump into the top 5 in one day!!:machinegun :kick lol jk
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Nice slam. Good to here a great report up that way.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Solid slam.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 842 Officer
    Way to go RICK!! Congrats bud!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 552 Officer
    That's one slob of a snook. :hail Great catches. :fishing Congrats!!
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    Awesome snook. Notice how days like that never happen for a tournament.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
  • WiredToExploreWiredToExplore Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Great looking fish. Those days when the catching is non-stop is incredible. Keeps me going out cause I know it can happen. lol
  • Nick561Nick561 Posts: 339 Deckhand
    Kick *** day Rick. Congrats!!!
  • G10pastoreG10pastore Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Nice Snook...I'm still seeking my first.
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 437 Deckhand
    I bet your friend was jealous
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    G10pastore wrote: »
    Nice Snook...I'm still seeking my first.
    Get some live bait and go to the beach early. There are lots of fish on the beaches right now. Mostly little ones but some big ones mixed in. The beach snook look awesome too, very clean looking. There is a post on the SE section of a guy with some slobs.
    I bet your friend was jealous
    You better believe I sent him pictures. lol... He was kicking himself...

THANKS to everyone for the kind words..
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..
  • shallow water assassinshallow water assassin Posts: 389 Officer
    Snookzilla man lol great catch and tight work on the slam
  • pergatronpergatron Posts: 251 Deckhand
    dang man nice fish.
  • JanosJanos Posts: 219 Officer
    Must be awesome to fish by yourself when the action is that hot.
    2015 Hobie Outback.
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    Janos wrote: »
    Must be awesome to fish by yourself when the action is that hot.

Actually I prefer a buddy with me. Not only to have a witness ( I always take selfies anyways ) but just to have great memories of fishing with a good friend. A great action day will always be talked about. But if u have to fish alone, yes it's nice to have an entire area to yourself.
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..