STOLEN KAYAK!!

jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
HELP! My kayak was stolen last night! It's a 2014 Hobie Revolution 13. It has wires run for electronics. It has a plug up front for a motor by the front hatch. If the wires were removed it will have a 1" hole in the hull. It's also got a numerous vinyl decals including a 3' Raymarine Logo. It was stolen with my Aquaboumd Surge Carbon Pro Paddle and mirage drive. Please keep an eye out for it.
:USA:fishing

Replies

• pergatronpergatron Posts: 251 Deckhand
    man that sucks. i hope you find it
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    That sucks. How was it stolen and where from? Keep checking CL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
  • kwanza98kwanza98 Posts: 611 Officer
    Man that sucks. Where are you located? I'll check on CL as well. I'm sure they can't be that stupid to post it on CL, but you can't put anything past stupid. I hate lazy @$$ people. Instead of working for something they want, they steal other people's hard earned things.
    Kwanza Kayaking Henderson
  • jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
    It was stolen in Cape Coral
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 144 Deckhand
    I can't type what I'm thinking, can you post a picture ? I will keep an eye on CL too here in Sarasota / Bradenton.
    image-logo.png
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Picture or color would help? i'll check ebay
    Here is an image
    10435070_10203448132677455_5244957215607237744_n.jpg
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,305 Moderator
    Jim, that sucks! I hope it is found and you can prove to the cops that it was stolen (in case you confront the thief/craiglister).
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • sammy2189sammy2189 Posts: 998 Officer
    Don't they have serial numbers? I say make a police report just incase they try pawnin it.you might get lucky.
    Hobie outback
    Police don't care. They'll take the info and then toss it afterwards. You have to do your own police work unfortunately
    kwanza98 wrote: »
    Police don't care. They'll take the info and then toss it afterwards. You have to do your own police work unfortunately
    yeah, but having made a report you can at least call the cops and they may have your back once you find the thief. Going alone without them (vigilante style) not advisable.
  • cranker789cranker789 Posts: 252 Deckhand
    Check eBay too for the paddle and mirage drive if they have any distinctive features to them..
    You're right Jcan.
  • Darylb23Darylb23 Posts: 254 Deckhand
    From what I understand, this kayak has now been recovered. Found in the back of a truck. I have no confirmation, just saw it on Facebook.
    South River Outfitters Fishing Team - KayakBassFishing.com AmBASSador
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,541 Captain
    Bass & BBQ wrote: »
    From what I understand, this kayak has now been recovered. Found in the back of a truck. I have no confirmation, just saw it on Facebook.
    That would be some good news and hopefully they caught the guy or guys.
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    Kwanza... As a police officer/detective for the last 14 years, we do care. If this happens, make a report and add your kayak serial number. Like Sammy said, we can check pawns and handle it properly if your item is located. Hang onto your receipt so you can show proof of purchase.

You can be a big help to the police by looking on CL/ebay for your property. If you try to confront them and handle it yourself, then your asking problems.

I'll leave it up to the FS member here to tell you his experience with trying to take matters into his own hands on CL.

Jvanpelt; do you want to discuss how and when this happened? People are anxious to help you. A little more info would help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral

I'll leave it up to the FS member here to tell you his experience with trying to take matters into his own hands on CL.

:Popcorn
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
    Captain Yak I'm glad to know there are police officers that care. When I had something stolen from me the police who took the report was like "I'm going to be honest there's nothing I can do. Just call it a lost" I was like **** lol. Seriously it's good to know.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 828 Officer
    I hate lazy @$$ people. Instead of working for something they want, they steal other people's hard earned things.

X2

Hope it's gets recovered.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
    The word on Facebook is that it was recovered. But I didn't see any more details than that.
    Did you recover your kayak as they are saying?
    Kayak was recovered by Cape Coral Police. A couple of kids stole it. Except for my eVolve throttle I got everything back.
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 144 Deckhand
    Glad you got your kayak back. The other night I had decided to leave mine on the roof of my truck. My neighborhood is quiet and peaceful but having read your post I was out at midnight taking it off and putting it in the garage. The extra 15 mins or so I would have saved in the morning just wasn't worth it. At least now you can fish this weekend and me too !!! Jules
    image-logo.png
    Man I'm glad you got your yak back. I hope those little punks get a good ole fashion @$$ whooping. You know in some countries you get your hands cut off if you steal something LOL. I'm not saying we should do it, but I'm not saying we shouldn't either LOL. Tight lines
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    Man I'm glad you got your yak back. I hope those little punks get a good ole fashion @$$ whooping. You know in some countries you get your hands cut off if you steal something LOL. I'm not saying we should do it, but I'm not saying we shouldn't either LOL. Tight lines

I'm saying we should do it. If you could, I'd press charges. Maybe the kids won't learn, but the parents raising kids will hear about it and beat their kids until they know not to steal hopefully.
  • LegmarkedLegmarked Posts: 44 Deckhand
    Press charges.
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    Nothing worse in this world than a F'K'N thief. I would love to find my stolen stuff on CL and go "make an offer" !!
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Press charges, scare them into straightening up. Make them beg you into dropping charges, if you want to let them off. It would good for them. If they are arrogant, press on, for the sake of our society.