Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures

cprcpr Posts: 9,302 Admiral
DENVER — The Climate Reality Project brought its “I’m Too Hot” trucks and offers of free ice cream to this week’s Environmental Protection Agency hearings on power-plant emissions, but the climate wasn’t cooperating.
The plan was to tout the EPA’s emissions proposal as a solution for hot weather brought on by global warming, but when the hearings began at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Denver, the temperature was a chilly 58 degrees. Plus, it was raining.

The other cities hosting the hearings Wednesday were also hit by cooler-than-usual temperatures. The high in Atlanta was forecast at 82 degrees, while it was a pleasant 70 degrees in Washington, D.C., when the hearings began at 9 a.m.
The Climate Reality Project, founded by former Vice President Al Gore, launched its “I’m Too Hot” campaign last week as “a rallying point for action in the face of rising temperatures driven by climate disruption,” according to the press release.
“These EPA hearings are a crucial opportunity for people to let the EPA know they support the agency’s efforts to reduce harmful carbon pollution, and we’ll be there to make sure our supporters don’t get too hot,” said project president and CEO Ken Berlin in a statement.
There was no danger of that in Denver, where the locals were more interested in procuring umbrellas than ice cream.
Pittsburgh will host the last of the two-day hearings on the proposed regulations starting Thursday.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/al-gores-climate-changers-epa-hearings-foiled-cool/#ixzz392jgB88v
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

It's amazing how this happens every year, it's like charlie brown kicking a field goal.

:rotflmao
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Replies

• White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    Don't worry, ac and his crew will be along shortly to explain how "you are just too stupid to understand".
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • ac2020ac2020 Posts: 5,730 Officer
    White Dog wrote: »
    Don't worry, ac and his crew will be along shortly to explain how "you are just too stupid to understand".

At least you know.

Idiotic articles like this is why so many Americans still think MMGW isn't real - despite nearly the entire scientific community saying so.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    :blahblah Told you so....just like clockwork. Maybe his parents were parrots.:shrug
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Earth experiences the hottest May & June on record & cpr is excited that "at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Denver, the temperature was a chilly 58 degrees".
    White Dog wrote: »
    Don't worry, you are just too stupid to understand
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Weather and Climate are related but not the same thing really. How many times does this have to be repeated?
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,291 Officer
    like a broken record…
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    stsimons wrote: »
    like a broken record…

Your science denial is.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    Anti-science deniers are
    like a broken record…

Talkin' loud & sayin' nothin'... like a dull knife just aint' cuttin'
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,291 Officer
    I have said it once and I will say it again - if mmgw is real there is no action that can realistically be taken by the developed world to stop it. Go to china and india and ask them to stop the rapid industrialization of the largest populations on Earth. Maybe you can sell them some carbon credits or electric scooters. They will more than likely laugh in your face.

MMGW has made Al Gore and the "climate industry" a lot of money. I will gladly beat the drum for MMGW if you want to give me a grant for 10 million so I can set up a thermometer in the middle of an asphalt parking lot and "prove" that we are all going to fry.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,830 Captain
    Anti-science deniers are

Talkin' loud & sayin' nothin'... like a dull knife just aint' cuttin'
    Says "Sound and Fury"... have you a mirror handy?
    Denial is such a debilitating mental disorder.

Big Oil & Coal have made "a lot of money" off our addiction to finite fossil fuel, for a lot of years.

China makes most of the "electric scooters" as well as most of the photovoltaic cells & high efficiency appliances. Work that earns them "a lot of money" & saves us "a lot of money".

Tell us again about how MMGW is a hoax perpetrated by a vast international conspiracy. Readers "will more than likely laugh in your face".
  • Opinion are like ....oh you know, most of you here are one!

One day we have a thread that this is hottest summer on record, then the next one is Coldest summer on record,,,,,,,,

this portion of the forum is a total waste of bandwidth........But I love to come here and listen to all the posters that post everything they read, like the rest of us can't find our own articles......
    I have said it once and I will say it again - if mmgw is real there is no action that can realistically be taken by the developed world to stop it. Go to china and india and ask them to stop the rapid industrialization of the largest populations on Earth. Maybe you can sell them some carbon credits or electric scooters. They will more than likely laugh in your face. .

More unbelievable ignorance and unsubstantiated claims.

1.) Yes, it's real. We have this thing called the web. There is an astounding amount of information on it. You conservatives should try it some time.

2.) Yes, it can be stopped. The earth can heal itself. But in order for it to start, we need to reduce carbon emissions. How do we know this? Because a rise in carbon in the earth's atmosphere has already caused climate change before humans evolved. So, we KNOW excess carbon in the atmosphere causes climate change - that's a fact. The difference is now, it is happening unnaturally due to human demands (which, for some reason is hard for the GOP to wrap their minds around) as opposed to earth's pre-human-evolution past.

3.) China is probably the world's biggest polluter. However, I believe they are also investing VERY heavily in green energy and will probably surpass us in 10 years or so. Why? Because our media - and political parties - are filled with complete morons that are - for some idiotic reason - STILL arguing whether MMGW is real.
    Not denial , skepticism.

No.

Skepticism just basically means a demand that facts need to be supported by evidence.

When 97% of peer-reviews by scientists that dedicate their lives to studying the climate say man is in part responsible for it's warming - that's denial - considering the evidence is now overwhelming.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
    ac2020 wrote: »
    More unbelievable ignorance and unsubstantiated claims.

1.) Yes, it's real. We have this thing called the web. There is an astounding amount of information on it. You conservatives should try it some time.

02eb0f7422d2b8e01aee4f5692abf76a.jpg

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Like the rest of the GOP, you refuse to join the millennium.

43311524066a312fa62e524a1dd49c00bd7cddad77a98e78c1912f30aaef011d.jpg
    I never join in with those who have no idea what they are talking about ( like you) just to get along with them. There's no money in it.

• riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,018 Captain
    ac2020 wrote: »
    When 97% of peer-reviews by scientists that dedicate their lives to studying the climate say man is in part responsible for it's warming - that's denial - considering the evidence is now overwhelming.

What percentage of global warming is man in part responsible for?