CR 7/24 with SnookSpanker

Pete invited me to go fishing at Crystal River. Hadn't had a trip with Pete in 3 or 4 months. I told Pete I wasn't going to make a report because of the time it take to make one. Also my camera has a dust spec between the lens making for terrible pictures without chopping the spec out. This tear up the photo after you take a third of it away to hide the spec.

I leave most of the fishing tech to Pete. But I can tell you we had ours normal great time talking a little about every things, fishing, movies, family wildlife. There were several sea turtles swimming by, tarpons rolling close by .

For the day we caught trout, mango snappers, grunts, Black sea bass and the dreaded catfish. Pete will probably proudly point out that he didn't catch any catfish.

Took a few pictures for the people who look at my reports for the photos. I know it not my fish pictures that people ask for. Planning to get a new camera as soon as I find one I like and know how to uses it. Look out then I will post more pictures

P1090206.jpg[/URL

P1090203.jpg

The cooler shot. The trout is 17 inches and the Mango is between 14 and 15 inches,

P1090209.jpg

For the few that want more photos of the gulf coast from a You Tube video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu3T1dYlopY

Replies

• Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,840 Captain
    As of this writing, You have had 141 views and I'm the first to comment! Whatz up w/ Dat? Maybe I should make up a bunch of crap about where we let all those BIG SNUKEz go and send these jokers on a wild Snuke chase?
    OK back to the adventurez of Moon and Spanker> I had a great time chewin da fat w/ Moon as usual while throwing topwaterz around like a man possessed w/ only small jack schoolz chasing it back to the boat to show for it while Moon was steadily reeling in those catz! Moon said I would speak of fish-tech later on so I will, it was technically hotter than a witch'z top lip out yonder and I believe the fish knew it!! Other than a bunch of 14~15" troutz in the afternoon in the afternoon in the middle of what must have been "Tarpon Hwy"!!! They were all around us and BIG onez at that!!! Maybe the big push of Poonz is late this year> Who knowz??? Moon Purdy much gave me a fishin lesson catching the keeperz in the box! Catching a 17" trout while all I can catch is sub15" GRRRR!! Moon> whatzup w/ the photo of that trout anyway?? You said Yer camera is broke but Geeze!!! It didn't look or clean out near as small or pitiful as it lookz here!! That grunt was posed to be bait but never made it back out into da water so> what da hell, since Moon most graciously gave me the fish> I'll eat him> Hate to see them give their life for nothing!! I gotz to say that the heat was just too much for me and the Bimini went up at around 11am as the sun screen infused sweat was really burning up my eyez and fogging up my glasses!!! Then of course w/ B-U>(Bimini up) we had to put on the "Redneck air condition" running around in circlez at around 25mph letting the wet clothz dry out and blow da stink off us all the while watching the sonar for any bumpz or dipz that might be on the bottom S.W. of the Spoil Bankz!! I guess thatz about all the Tech I have except to say> Anyone know what happened to low tide on Thursday afternoon? It was high coming into the river at 8:30am when we left and was crazy high and still coming in at 3:00pm when we came back!! Had I known that, my fishin planz would have changed a little!! Nuthin that happens out there surprisez me anymore, well almost nothin!!! Happy Trailz!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    Sounds like you guys had a good time! Fish are only a bonus. Fishing with friends is the good part!
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice trip boys, like the cooler shot!
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Captain
    Well done fellows! Can't wait for you to get your new camera Moon.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,043 Moderator
    Sounds like a late July trip. Wait , it was. :grin
    No doubt it's hot out there and the fish know it also. Maybe bait drifting while sitting under the bimini would have produced better ?
    Makes no difference , you went and had a good time. Nice snapper , 9 more would have been awesome.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Redbonz wrote: »
    :thumbsup

Good Stuff You Two
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • Red612Red612 Posts: 284 Deckhand
    Nice video Moon. These are the dog days of summer.

Hey the pop ups are gone!!!!!!

:fishing