South PIS

Is it just me or has the red bite been SLOW in south PIS? Been working Chino to Regla with cut bait, live bait, flats and bushes without much luck aside from cats and stingrays. Anyone else feeling this over the past month? :banghead

I've had better luck north in Bokeelia, but this time of year the southern bite is usually strong. :huh

Replies

• nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    fish closer to the passes
  • RichieUFRichieUF Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Your in the right area boss. Was down all in that area on Fri. Sat. and Sun. with all my groomsmen for my upcoming wedding. We found a lot of schooling fish as the tide dropped out a bit on the flats away from the shoreline, and a good amount in the white holes on incoming tide in the afternoons. Not a hell of a lot up under the bushes but still picked up a few. My boys are not really fisherman so we mostly used cut mullet and just tossed them in front of the schools and in the white spots. Between the two boats and 7 guys we caught probably 3 dozen or so with most being in the 28" - 34" range. Also lost about half as many because the guys were not the best with circle hooks. Fish are starting to school pretty good now and will be for the next 2-3 months!!!
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,702 Moderator
    RichieUF wrote: »
    Your in the right area boss. Was down all in that area on Fri. Sat. and Sun. with all my groomsmen for my upcoming wedding. We found a lot of schooling fish as the tide dropped out a bit on the flats away from the shoreline, and a good amount in the white holes on incoming tide in the afternoons. Not a hell of a lot up under the bushes but still picked up a few. My boys are not really fisherman so we mostly used cut mullet and just tossed them in front of the schools and in the white spots. Between the two boats and 7 guys we caught probably 3 dozen or so with most being in the 28" - 34" range. Also lost about half as many because the guys were not the best with circle hooks. Fish are starting to school pretty good now and will be for the next 2-3 months!!!
    Sounds like you found a good bite. Congrats on your wedding.
    Thanks Larrywit