WHATS UP WITH ALL THE POPUP ADS????

2»

Replies

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,718 Captain
    jad1097 wrote: »
    :

The administrators and moderators have no control over the popups.:blowkiss

If you want to go to another forum then **** and leave already.

you may now continue with the :blahblah:blahblah:blahblah:blahblah:blahblah:blahblah:blowkiss

I said FS controls the ads, the implied "they", not the mods and admins. And I said the software to block ads clutters your computer. I didn't say the ads do or don't. I also said if one doesn't like it they can put up with it or leave. Reading comprehension isn't your best suit?

And thanks for giving me to go ahead but I didn't think I needed your permission to post on FS.

Complaining about things on the forum that are annoying should be something the "owners" would look at and determine if it is an issue. The fact you can block ads isn't the issue...the issue is the large amount of ads.

Keep in mind anyone, least those who can form somewhat of a sentence, can go to Google and research the many ways to block ads.

Or they can go to your "sticky", as you have reminded everyone, and get some information about blocking ads. :blowkiss

Edit to Add:

I thought we had come to a somewhat agreement on this on the Cabelas thread in OT, maybe we didn't "kiss and make up" but we came close, so I'm not sure why you are trying to give me crap again? This was posted in our local section where I know more than just a few people personally and we were all simply venting.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    Billy wrote: »
    If you have additional software running to block the pop-ups you have "clutter". You just don't see it. It is but just one more program running in the background that you wouldn't need if the site didn't have pop-ups etc.

I'm not going to reiterate why as I already did but that's okay...you don't have ads. :)

At today's speed on the internet the time it takes to check the ads isn't relevant on most people's computer. It doesn't change the fact that we have to have ads and then we have to have instructions how to avoid the ads. It's even a "sticky" in OT. Maybe it makes sense to some but to me it seems silly. Why have them if you are going to broadcast how to avoid them?

Bill

I have over 30,000 images too, now THAT is clutter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,059 Moderator
    I clicked on the side ad. Went to the bottom and clicked "opt out" selected all ,opted out, I have had NO side ads.

The Cabalas pop didn't stop but I'm not seeing it now..
    "You'll get your weather"
    Flash wrote: »
    I have over 30,000 images too, now THAT is clutter.

They don't run in the background collecting your data like an ad block program does. :) Here's the information from AdBlock Plus...who do you believe...them or Google?
    Please note: When installing Adblock Plus for Chrome, your browser shows a warning that Adblock Plus for Chrome has access to your browsing history and data. This is a standard message, we NEVER collect any information whatsoever!

And hey Louie...maybe they listened to us and cut down on the barrage.

It's all good, as it has been said many time before, it's a free site. We can put up with the good and bad or we can go elsewhere. I'll stick around and not complain as much going forward. :)

Bill
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    Billy wrote: »
    They don't run in the background collecting your data like an ad block program does. :) Here's the information from AdBlock Plus...who do you believe...them or Google?

And hey Louie...maybe they listened to us and cut down on the barrage.

It's all good, as it has been said many time before, it's a free site. We can put up with the good and bad or we can go elsewhere. I'll stick around and not complain as much going forward. :)

Bill

I removed any collecting data with Malwarebytes. Nothing running. But I guess that slowed down my computer too. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash wrote: »
    I removed any collecting data with Malwarebytes. Nothing running. But I guess that slowed down my computer too. :grin

Yep. :)

Shame we have to run all these programs to help us use other programs. It's the way of the internet now a days.

I remember when things weren't so bad...whoops...I was on dial-up back then. :grin

Bill