Alligator Alley or 41. Keys?

I am heading to the Keys. Coming down I75 should I take Alligator Alley across or 41? Towing a 23 footer.
Thanks.

Replies

• RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    If you're in a hurry take the Alley. If you have time and want to enjoy the ride take 41 and as a bonus stop at Clyde Butchers place. If you go 41 you'll be driving by some of the best fishing in America, take a rod with you. Oh and take some bug spray!!
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,111 Captain
    Agreed... 41 if you have some time to kill.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • MagnafluxMagnaflux Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Thanks guys.
  • Lead slingerLead slinger Posts: 449 Officer
    41 to the turnpike. Krome is rough as hell south of Dade corners. Fill up at the Racetrack as you leave Florida City
  • HawkboatHawkboat Posts: 1,030 Officer
    Ditto on Race track, last gas station on right before you hit that 18 mile grind..Burger truck there isn't bad either for a quick bite
    Capt Bill
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Drove 41 a bunch of times. It's shorter and quicker. Scenery is a lot better as well. Just slow down by the RES.
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 118 Deckhand
    Magnaflux wrote: »
    I am heading to the Keys. Coming down I75 should I take Alligator Alley across or 41? Towing a 23 footer.
    Thanks.
    Just made that trip a week ago on (41).. Was nice but I must say that Krome is a MAJOR PITA for slow idiot drivers, the poorly timed traffic lights and rough road. ..Especially when you hit the agricultural area...41 is a nice quiet stretch though