Motorguide w75 wireless, steering is broken, help

fishonfishon Posts: 953 Officer
Does anyone know how to fix a motorguide wireless that will not steer. I can hear the motor turning in the unit but no movement accurs. I understand the gears are plastic and metal are avaialble. But where can I order parts and get info? Thanks for any and all I for! Tomm
Triton 1870 Bay Sport, 115 merc. 4/stroke,
Fish Shallow saltwater, lakes central Fl. And Lake Oconee Ga.
Live in Lakeland

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,036 Officer
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • fishonfishon Posts: 953 Officer
    Thanks, found the transition assembly I think I need. Now to find someone that can remove the old and install the replacement!
    Thanks again.....
    Live in Lakeland
  • windblowswindblows Posts: 234 Deckhand
    Your steering transmission will likely go out again. I had one of those motors and the steering transmission was replaced twice under warranty before I finally just bought one of these. It was actually kind of cool - I could use it both as a hand-controlled motor (for steering only obviously) or I could use the remote to steer.

http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ELLBIGFBFH2&click=12
    Windblows, thanks. Maybe they are making the transmission assemblies better? Ok I'm an Optimus or fool? Either way I will look to get this steering slick! Thanks
    Live in Lakeland
    Windblows, thanks again. Parts came, $140. My brother replaced the transmission in an hour. The new is quieter and already chasing and catching good fish!
    Live in Lakeland