Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Brian & Darcizzle go to Bimini, or 6 days on the other side

Long time no post! We just got back from our 2nd annual trip to Bimini and had a great time! We went over with a bunch of boats organized by Palm Beach Yacht Center (thanks Jena!) and stayed at Bimini Sands. I vowed for an even mix of fishing and fun this time! First shout-out goes to TUPPENS MARINE. When I brought my boat in to get checked-out for the trip I was advised that there was a hole in my block leaking water, UGH! But Tuppens saved the day with a brand new 250F bolted on and running strong in about 6 days! Here she is:

Stayed at an oceanfront condo with a decent view:

First day we did very little trolling right of S. Bimini because we usually just catch kings and cudas and we don't need anymore of those, and then we went down to Honeymoon Harbor to feed the rays and relax:

Then we did the obligatory Sapona snorkel:

The next day we did some yellowtail fishing a bit south of Honeymoon and really killed it with cuda chunks anchoring up and chumming and all that:

We took it easy the next day, checked out N. Bimini, etc. and then we were hosted aboard our great friends and just all around great guys on the Grey Ghost. Chris, Scott and Tim took us out to Gingerbreads for our first time and we killed the YT's and grouper again, and had all sorts of fun with cuda's, sharks, kings, etc:

That's about it. Had a pretty good crossing on the way over but the west wind was blowing spray right in our face the entire way. On the way back it was about 1 foot but my trim tab switch busted so I could not optimize for speed...still averaged about 30. See ya' out there!

PS: Sorry not more pics of ME, someone has to hold the camera! lol

Replies

• PicmanPicman Posts: 312 Deckhand
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Sounds like an excellent trip, congrats! Do any diving at Gingerbreads? You can email pics of you to Copout and Lucky. Your pic choice was spot on
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,491 Captain
    Those are some huge yellow tail's! WTG!

Pura Vida!
  • rgambotzrgambotz Posts: 224 Deckhand
    Looks like a great relaxing trip.
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Looks like a great trip, congrats!!!!! I'm still looking to put one more trip together this year, not decided on the destination just yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angler ManagemntAngler Managemnt Posts: 1,077 Officer
    nice man, also big shout out to tuppans marine, they did your new engine in like 3 days. UNHEARD OF....
  • BarracudaBarracuda Posts: 767 Officer
    Nice trip, enjoyed the pictures for sure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,804 Moderator
    Nice flags!

And that new motor is sweet. Gonna push any thought of a boat upgrade further out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • StepaboStepabo Posts: 1,052 Officer
    brianb wrote: »
    Long time no post! We just got back from our 2nd annual trip to Bimini and had a great time! We went over with a bunch of boats organized by Palm Beach Yacht Center (thanks Jena!) and stayed at Bimini Sands. I vowed for an even mix of fishing and fun this time! First shout-out goes to TUPPENS MARINE. When I brought my boat in to get checked-out for the trip I was advised that there was a hole in my block leaking water, UGH! But Tuppens saved the day with a brand new 250F bolted on and running strong in about 6 days! Here she is:

lol

Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,403 Captain
    Thanks everyone.
    Nope, we are not really divers...would like to get into some freediving and spearing though.
    yea, Tuppens slapped that thing on quick.
  • FishinNoleFishinNole Posts: 407 Officer
    Looks like an awesome trip.
  • BocaBocaBocaBoca Posts: 607 Officer
    Wonderful trip, pix and info. Thanks for posting.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Brian, great pics, loved that one of the old structure... That one Yellowtail looks quite nice too man! Good times for you guys...
  • followotherboatsfollowotherboats Posts: 445 Deckhand
    Nice report! Have fun in the mini season, we sure will. Oh........take a picture of yourself looking over your shoulder. Now that would be funny as heck! lol
    Nice report! Have fun in the mini season, we sure will. Oh........take a picture of yourself looking over your shoulder. Now that would be funny as heck! lol

The "Darcizzle Twist" is patented, I'm not allowed to use that move. lol
  • followotherboatsfollowotherboats Posts: 445 Deckhand

Now that's some good comedy right there.
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Nice going Brian B and Darcizzle!
    Way to go Tuppens and congrats on all the BUZZ surrounding Darcizzle Offshore!
    (It's funny me or Brian could hold a fish and ask a question, >>>> Ghost town / tumbleweed) LOL
    Put Darcizzle in one of her many hot bikinis and she BLOWS UP w HUNDREDS of hits / likes!!
    Thx for sharing and GREAT results
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks E-Money, and thanks for your support from DAY ONE.
  • Team TuppensTeam Tuppens Posts: 509 Officer
    :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FunstickFunstick Posts: 57 Deckhand
    HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO CROSS? Speed?

Stayed at an oceanfront condo with a decent view:

First day we did very little trolling right of S. Bimini because we usually just catch kings and cudas and we don't need anymore of those, and then we went down to Honeymoon Harbor to feed the rays and relax:

Then we did the obligatory Sapona snorkel:

The next day we did some yellowtail fishing a bit south of Honeymoon and really killed it with cuda chunks anchoring up and chumming and all that:

We took it easy the next day, checked out N. Bimini, etc. and then we were hosted aboard our great friends and just all around great guys on the Grey Ghost. Chris, Scott and Tim took us out to Gingerbreads for our first time and we killed the YT's and grouper again, and had all sorts of fun with cuda's, sharks, kings, etc:

That's about it. Had a pretty good crossing on the way over but the west wind was blowing spray right in our face the entire way. On the way back it was about 1 foot but my trim tab switch busted so I could not optimize for speed...still averaged about 30. See ya' out there!

PS: Sorry not more pics of ME, someone has to hold the camera! lol