fort myers fishing

I am coming down in a week for 3 weeks to do some fishing. I was talking to my uncle and he said the fishing has been really slow and the water is all messed up. could some one tell me what's going on down there?

Replies

• ryanpryanp Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Where are you planning to fish?
  • mkemertmkemert Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    around the beach, i might go to Sanibel
  • nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    The fishing has been phenomenal and there is nothing wrong with the water.
  • cptjoshua420cptjoshua420 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    mkemert wrote: »
    I am coming down in a week for 3 weeks to do some fishing. I was talking to my uncle and he said the fishing has been really slow and the water is all messed up. could some one tell me what's going on down there?

the fishing has actually been on fire just make sure you fish near sanibel captive area. because from bonita beach up to big carlos they are dregging and that might be why your uncle thinks it has been slow.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    nitelite08 wrote: »
    The fishing has been phenomenal and there is nothing wrong with the water.

Yeh. Not a reliable source. Lol. Jk. It has been good fishing, and he's right about the water, so far anyway.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    the fishing has actually been on fire just make sure you fish near sanibel captive area. because from bonita beach up to big carlos they are dregging and that might be why your uncle thinks it has been slow.

Hey Guys, I'm gonna be up for a long weekend over Aug 1st. The plan was to fish the ICW behind Big Hickory for trout. Is that water/area being affected by the dredging?
    Catch 'em up!

Nick