Home Egret Boats

Requested pics

Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
I've been asked to post pics of various things on the new 2011. Here's a couple and will add more requested tonight later.
The first is of the rod locker with the recessed hinges. These ARE the friction hinges. They are not strong enough to hold the locker up half open. They do however hold the locker open very well straight up as in the picture and are extremely durable. The only issue I've had with the rod locker is the latch. It hangs sometimes both on the trailer and in the water. A little bit of an annoyance but it looks like it can be adjusted. Just haven't done it yet.

The second set is of the forward mounted bottom machine. Like I've stated, I like to see how deep I am in shallow and I pick up a lot of good bottom while on the trolling motor up front. Hard to see the humps and bottom variations in deeper water with our water clarity. Allows me to differentiate sand pockets from mud and grass. The machine was mounted a little farther back than I normally mount it. I didn't stipulate to Frank where to mount the transducer so it was mounted a little farther back and the cable would only reach there. Ideal would be about 6 inches farther forward, tucked in beside the trolling motor mount. I still like it. It doesn't get in the way and the little bit of extra space is actually nice not to get in the way of the TM when deploying.
Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado

Replies

• HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Thanks for the shots. Nice setup.

Do those rod locker hatches open up completely, flat against the deck like I've seen in older models?
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    No. The picture above is wide open. It allows full access without slamming on the deck if you drop it.

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    That front depth machine is definitely not a fly fisherman's friend. Won't you trip on that one day when your fishing? It will also take a serious pounding up there compared to a typical install location running through larger chop. I have my big screen on the console and swivel it around to point forward when I want to read bottom in a little deeper areas where I cant see the bottom fishing from the bow or if want to see waypoints and I can see it very well mounted there.
    Isn't that front mount a bass fishing thing?
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Isn't that front mount a bass fishing thing?QUOTE]

Is that a nice way of saying Red Neck?:grin
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Isn't that front mount a bass fishing thing?

This is great stuff. Keep the pictures coming.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Isn't that front mount a bass fishing thing?QUOTE]

No man I started with bass fishing and you saw the gps on the front a lot.
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    Thanks for posting. I requested pictures of both of those items, I really appreciate it. Those friction hinges would be nice on the rod lockers if I ever used my Bimini Top. I've never put it on the boat but when I was testing it I noticed it was a pain to hold the rod lockers open with it. Those would help a lot.
  • cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
    That front depth machine is definitely not a fly fisherman's friend. Won't you trip on that one day when your fishing? It will also take a serious pounding up there compared to a typical install location running through larger chop. I have my big screen on the console and swivel it around to point forward when I want to read bottom in a little deeper areas where I cant see the bottom fishing from the bow or if want to see waypoints and I can see it very well mounted there.

Haha BB and I don't fly fish. We are conventional type guys.

I've had one mounted up front as long as I've owned an inshore boat(20+ years). Never tripped on it or had a problem. I'm not really into the fly thing. I can see where it would be challenging and probably a lot of fun but with a chain of furniture stores, I have to limit my passions. I fish because I can't bow hunt. Once the temps hit a tolerable mark, the Egret will be stored away until Mid January. It may be a bass fishing thing.... No idea. I don't care for it. Not my thing. It's just the way I like my rig set up... I usually go hammer the reds, maybe a few trout, a grouper or two, or whatever else I want to target. But not often with the fly rod. Probably why it says Bad Behavior Edition on the side and not "A River Runs Through It":wink as far as redneck..... I'm country as collard greens but a long ways from a redneck...

Good post. If its been working 20 years I'd say its workin for ya.

Born in NC and eaten (and grown) my share of collards as well, but I wear a buff to keep my neck from getting too red.
    I assure you.. Sunscreen works for me. Never have understood the buff thing. I bought one and wore it with a visor. With the ol bream bed on the back of my head, l looked like a friggin pumpkin shaped candy cane by the end of the day. Not to mention about had a dadgum heat stroke while wearing it.... As far as the buff and lookin like a pudgy teen age mutant ninja turtle while standing on the platform.... I'll pass!!