Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Fishing near the Judge Jolley

Hello all!
We will be staying in Marco for about 10 days near the Judge Jolley bridge. We have about a 3-4 mile range we can fish from the bridge area. I've heard bait is easy to catch there. Any tips or advice on fishing?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

:thumbsup
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. - Doug Larson

Replies

• nightflynightfly Posts: 505 Officer
    Bait is easy to catch there. Fishing usually isn't that great there. There is always a bunch of people there. If you can go to isle of Capri and rent a kayak. I'm not sure the name of the place but its next to the fire station. It's a short paddle to some good mangrove shorelines and some small creeks with good moving water.
  • BottomDwellerBottomDweller Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Thanks Nightfly. I actually have a little skiff that moves at about 7-10mph (blazing fast!:rotflmao) so only used the Judge Jolley bridge as a reference/landmark of where i will be. I'll keep digging. Thanks again!
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. - Doug Larson