Found - dive gear

joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,951 Captain
While approximately 5 miles off Casperson Beach (Sarasota County) this morning I came up on an empty air tank and full body harness (regulators/gauges etc all attached) floating free in the current. The outfit had not been out there long as it had no growth on it. I turned it in to a Sarasota County Sheriff deputy that met me at a local bait store on the ICW. If you lost it it should be easy to identify and claim. Not being a diver I had no idea how much an outfit like that weighs. Curious on how an item(s) like that were lost?

Replies

• Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,662 Admin
    Not strapped in properly after a dive, maybe even left on the swim platform and forgotten after a dive, anywhere from a light chop to 3-4's, good bye three grand or more.

That's best case scenario, worse case is whoever was wearing it is still out there. Hopefully it's the former
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,951 Captain
    Bump - never heard another word about this. If it remains unclaimed I'll check to see if I can claim it. Hard to believe no one missed this equipment.