Police K9 Takes down pipe weilding Thug. VERY VIOLENT!!!

Replies

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,447 Admiral
    JB, how young do they start training those dogs?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,721 AG
    This is a family forum.

That grotesque display of unchecked police power is completely uncalled for.
    Warning Level 2
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    What did I just watch Johnny?
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,838 Admin
    :rotflmao

I was wondering what happened to you.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,305 Admiral
    Tarpon65 wrote: »

As soon as you can get them off the Momma's Teat. Same for personal protection dogs, K9 Sport Dogs. In essence you take a dog that has the RIGHT drives, temperament and attitude and teach him that he is invincible.
    What did I just watch Johnny?

It looks like a game. But it is training. Obviously that tiny puppy. 14 weeks old is not capable of taking a grown man down. The decoy fell, feigned fright and made a huge production of it. But that is the point.

And for those with no exposure to working K9's... Yes this looks like a game. And yes it looks like fun and play.... but that 14 week old puppy is learning a lesson..... The lesson is you always win... And as the puppy grows the take downs with become more challenging. So when he is 14 Months old and the decoy (fake bad guy) is trying to hit him in the head with the stick or trying to jam it down his throat, the dog believes he is invincible.

And then when he hits the street and begins patrol work and he meets a real bad guy that is a tough customer and jacked up on Meth, that IS GOING TO TRY TO KILL HIM and possibly his handler... The dog KNOWS he is invincible and no man can beat him. Attitude is a huge part of winning. Believing he will always win will likely save his life and his handlers life one day. Because by the time it happens he will have won so often that no matter what, no matter how beat up he gets, he will keep fighting. Because he knows he cannot be beaten.

It is RARE but there are times that a human without a gun or a knife beats a well trained right minded dog. So we know the dog is not invincible. You you NEVER want the dog to have the slightest doubt. It can mean the difference between life and death for the dog and humans. It can be quite amazing the amount of abuse a well trained properly trained well conditioned dog can take in a fight with a man.. Later on this dog will learn how to fight a man without using his mouth. He will learn to take a man off is feet with his body and keep him down. Dogs have had their jaws broken, bones in their muzzle broken and still took their man down and kept them there.
    He will also be taught that objects in the hand will hurt him and will learn ways to counter sticks, knives and and even handguns.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,192 AG
    I'd a leg swept that dog....:wink:rotflmao

A well trained K-9 is a thing of wonder...just his arrival can shut down a bad situation...People don't even like the idea of being bitten.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,958 AG
    STOP FIGHTING MY DOG! STOP FIGHTING MY DOG! STOP FIGHTING MY DOG! :rotflmao
    Ya right... I could consciously hold still when a dog is biting me, calmly roll over when a dog is biting me. :willynilly
    No way in hell, better get the taser out too. If a dog is attaching me (even tho I'd lose in the end) I'd still get at least assault on a police officer. :cool
    Gestapo 

• silvergsilverg Posts: 1,456 Officer
    Will this pup think anyone with a hoody is a thug?
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    It looks like a game. But it is training. Obviously that tiny puppy. 14 weeks old is not capable of taking a grown man down. The decoy fell, feigned fright and made a huge production of it. But that is the point.

And for those with no exposure to working K9's... Yes this looks like a game. And yes it looks like fun and play.... but that 14 week old puppy is learning a lesson..... The lesson is you always win... And as the puppy grows the take downs with become more challenging. So when he is 14 Months old and the decoy (fake bad guy) is trying to hit him in the head with the stick or trying to jam it down his throat, the dog believes he is invincible.

And then when he hits the street and begins patrol work and he meets a real bad guy that is a tough customer and jacked up on Meth, that IS GOING TO TRY TO KILL HIM and possibly his handler... The dog KNOWS he is invincible and no man can beat him. Attitude is a huge part of winning. Believing he will always win will likely save his life and his handlers life one day. Because by the time it happens he will have won so often that no matter what, no matter how beat up he gets, he will keep fighting. Because he knows he cannot be beaten.

It is RARE but there are times that a human without a gun or a knife beats a well trained right minded dog. So we know the dog is not invincible. You you NEVER want the dog to have the slightest doubt. It can mean the difference between life and death for the dog and humans. It can be quite amazing the amount of abuse a well trained properly trained well conditioned dog can take in a fight with a man.. Later on this dog will learn how to fight a man without using his mouth. He will learn to take a man off is feet with his body and keep him down. Dogs have had their jaws broken, bones in their muzzle broken and still took their man down and kept them there.
    He will also be taught that objects in the hand will hurt him and will learn ways to counter sticks, knives and and even handguns.

That's really interesting.

The little guy in this video definitely seems to think he's already invincible. He doesn't know that he only weighs 30 lbs and not 230 lbs.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • fishbitfishbit Posts: 606 Officer
    Tarpon65 wrote: »

They whisper that TN isn't dog friendly in his ear.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?159760-is-it-legal-to-refuse-service-to-someone-with-a-service-dog/page34
    Nature goes on her way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,930 Captain
    :hairraiser

Never saw nothing more violent, a natural born killer this K9 !!!

:rotflmao
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Choose common sense, boycott political correctness.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral

You really get off on that don't ya Johnny?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • BottombouncerBottombouncer Posts: 678 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    I'd a leg swept that dog....:wink:rotflmao

LMAO
    That's really interesting.

The little guy in this video definitely seems to think he's already invincible. He doesn't know that he only weighs 30 lbs and not 230 lbs.

I doesn't weigh 30 in that video... 15 or so. Mals are not big dogs. And IF they are going to be a decent working dog, they come out of the womb thinking they are the toughest thing that ever walked the planet. You just prove it to them over and over again in training.
    silverg wrote: »
    Will this pup think anyone with a hoody is a thug?

He will train with people in all sorts of clothing before he patrols. They think anyone their handler sends them on is a thug... Well not really. The dogs actually view it as a game.

They will go on anyone the handler sends them on. If you have ever seen on get someone live. After they get the bad guy secure, etc. The handler will usually play a game of tug or ball with the dog. It is not really a true drive, but they call it ball drive. It is really some of their prey drive manifested. What you do is play games with the dog very early on. Some guys use a rope tug, some a tennis ball, some an old towel.. Etc. Well you play games with your toy of choice. Get the dog really ramped up. Play keep away etc. Dogs with the right temperament get easily obsessed over the toy. True working dogs tend to be pretty OCD in the first place. They are also competitive. So it can be sort of like playing keep away with an OCD rugby player. Early on you teach "leave it" and "out"

The dog become so focused on the toy, it becomes the reward. You start off with simple commands then ramp up teach more complex stuff. As time goes on.... the toy becomes very powerful. So when a K9 goes after a suspect he is doing it for the reward of an old tennis ball or worn out rope tug.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,192 AG
    an old tennis ball or worn out rope tug.
    I guess that they will start keeping these things in the pocket of their hoody now that you let the secret out....:rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    I guess that they will start keeping these things in the pocket of their hoody now that you let the secret out....:rotflmao

Not any ball or tug...... THEIR ball or tug.....It has never been a secret. And with their handler...
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    It funny how dogs really learn to take a person down.... people don't realize how smart dogs are and seem to overlook it... I have seen
    tracking/hog/running and fighting dogs in my life time (and others) and it has always amazed me how smart dogs can be...

Most people have NO freaking idea the amount of pain a dog will take to get to his goal.... its a shame of the dogs that are coming back
    from over seas duties and no where to go :banghead

I believe I read a report of over 800 dogs being put down.. since 911 :banghead:banghead:banghead
    its a freaking shame...... YOU would think WE has a country would take some of these dogs in and allow them
    to live their last days on quiet farm somewhere..... but seeing how our country treats our VETS ... heck dogs
    have no freaking chance in hell to get anything .... but you never know...
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    double post.... sorry... **** that crown this late at nite
    lol...
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • Itch-2-FishItch-2-Fish Vero Beach, FLPosts: 411 Deckhand
    Jettypark wrote: »
    I believe I read a report of over 800 dogs being put down.. since 911 :banghead:banghead:banghead
    its a freaking shame...... YOU would think WE has a country would take some of these dogs in and allow them
    to live their last days on quiet farm somewhere..... but seeing how our country treats our VETS ... heck dogs
    have no freaking chance in hell to get anything .... but you never know...

Our country did the same thing back in Vietnam. They left or euthanized the remaining work dogs when the war was over. They were deemed property and disposable. I can barely tolerate the FL heat. I, We have no idea how dedicated those dogs must have been to have worked the jungles of Vietnam, the deserts of Iraq in those hot, humid environments.
    German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Dedicated is an interesting word for it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • TowersTowers Posts: 681 Officer
    That's it... now that's too much... cant take it piling on pipe welding dogs... every time i pick up the paper.. there's anoth..
    What...!!! oh... im sorry thought you said pipe welding dogs... not pipe weilding dogs Never mind...!!