Home Off Topic

Interior Door Install Prices?

S.S.TupperwareS.S.Tupperware Posts: 1,057 Officer
I install doors for a few people, but at an hourly rate, what is the going rate for hanging an interior door, removing the slab and hinges afterwards so drywall can be finished to the frame, then re swing slabs... it's a 12k ft house. Like I say I am comfortable with an hourly wage, but this is different. thanks all...

Replies

• BobDBobD Posts: 1,969 Captain
    No Casing? Door size (height)? Solid or HC? One level or stairs involved? A lot of variables.
    Build your dream or someone will hire you to build theirs.
  • S.S.TupperwareS.S.Tupperware Posts: 1,057 Officer
    No casing, DW will be J bead to the frame, modern look. 8 ft , Who cares I'll make them shake them out... Haven't been there probable 25 singles and I would guess 6 doubles.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,096 Admiral
    You picking them up and delivering to the Jobsite?
    You paying for them upfront , Measuring for Sizes ect. ?
    Removing and disposing of old doors and jams ? Installing new Locksets ?
    If it's Bare Walls, Shim and set , Materials already there...... That many Doors in one place,,,$75 singles , $150 Doubles.
    That should work,after the first 3 you'll have it down pat and 30 min. per door.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Only need to swing true, I usually install exteriors R$R Some pre stained some not... The job is easy, but I don't wanna sell myself short....
  • HumpinitHumpinit Posts: 199 Deckhand
    If its a simple pre hung door 100 bucks. For custom doors but simple i usually charge the cost of the door. Then you also need to factor in install of hardware and all of that stuff too.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,613 Admiral
    A friend of mine just had one replaced, $200 for the labor and that included installing the door knobs and finishing
    I's for a contractor, so they will be delivered, I will have them shake them out, I will swing, once there goot, I will pull the slabs and hinges, then they mud, then i put the slabs back on. Thats the way I want it...
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    Make it clear that if those stinkin mud slingers mess up your mount or get mud on the hinge mortices there will be a back-charge for your extra work.

I would even go so far as to cover the mortices with masking tape to keep the mud slingers off them.

Nothing worse than going back to remount the doors and finding that the frames have been knocked out of wack or the doors won't swing correctly.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • BobDBobD Posts: 1,969 Captain
    Where do they go while the mudders are working? Mark them so if they get shuffled, you can match them.
    Build your dream or someone will hire you to build theirs.
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    I used to get $100 bucks an opening no matter what 25 yrs ago.

In this day and age, I would feel fair at charging $200 bucks per hole.

Plus caulk.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,096 Admiral
    $ 200 times that many Doors in a Construction setting is just gonna Bid you out of a job.
    I do exterior Doors at $300 a pop but their all over town and I have to measure and go buy them plus Disposal. Takes me 2 to 3 hours.
    Lowes charges like 289$
    Interior Doors already leaning in the opening with no Casing and Miter Saw is a piece of cake. YUP, Better mark all the Doors on the top of the slab as per opening or it'll be a mess come Re-Hang time
    If I was doing 1 door at a time , interior I'm buying , it,d be $250 Maybe $300 without painting all over town...
    Killin and Grillin :grin