Home Off Topic

Silverado weatherstrip leaking?

redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 562 Officer
This is probably why. Went to Haulover and heard all kinds of noise, but it was centered around a new truck that had been parked in the all but empty parking lot. While they were out in the boat, the buzzards had their way with the weatherstripping. Never seen this before.

[URL="[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/redsgurl/media/IMG_3074copy.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/redsgurl/IMG_3074copy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]IMG_3074copy.jpg

IMG_3110copy.jpg

IMG_3097cop1y.jpg

Shooed them off the truck, but they kept goin back.
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    I have heard of that happening before but never seen pics. That sucks as it looks like they did quite a bit of damage
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • myjackmyjack Posts: 232 Officer
    holy c r a p..... I had the same thing happen at work (CCAFS)..... that's funny stuff.
    btw, the fire dept. here at the Cape got approval from the powers above (AF) to try to get rid of these buzzards near the skid strip.
    They shot two of them and hung them upside down on tall stakes, the buzzards disappeared for 6 plus months. that's how long it took for the carcass to degrade.
    yes, the rubber seal needs replacing and it leaks pretty bad (04 Silverado)
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    There was a news story a few years ago about buzzards doing that to campers in Polk co I think. Crazy stuff right there.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    They eat dead things.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • JWTJWT Posts: 735 Officer
    they have gotten so bad here in the park that they now provide tarps to cover the vehicles. They can make a mess of your truck!
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    I wonder what the attraction is?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,053 AG
    I think GM makes the ignition switches out of the same stuff as the weatherstip...the thing buzzards eat...GARBAGE!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    myjack wrote: »
    holy c r a p..... I had the same thing happen at work (CCAFS)..... that's funny stuff.
    btw, the fire dept. here at the Cape got approval from the powers above (AF) to try to get rid of these buzzards near the skid strip.
    They shot two of them and hung them upside down on tall stakes, the buzzards disappeared for 6 plus months. that's how long it took for the carcass to degrade.
    yes, the rubber seal needs replacing and it leaks pretty bad (04 Silverado)

The rich and entitled wanted the PD I worked for to shoot them after they decided to roost on the roof of their up-end Condo....They were mighty upset when they found they were protected.
    Gov can get waivers for safety concerns...Airports etc...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 562 Officer
    Years ago, when I was working outside for a living, we used a product called Vinyl Bond B. It was a rubber coating we used on flat roofs applied with an airless sprayer. We would spray one day, and the next, it would be full of holes where they ate it Didn't seem to bother 'em. After they realized we'd be there for awhile, once the airless fired up, they would come.
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    The rich and entitled ...

You must be a Dumbocrat. A little class envy to start your day?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    GA Fin wrote: »
    You must be a Dumbocrat. A little class envy to start your day?

Nope, a registered Republican since I came of age to vote...and that was a while back.

Try to not be so sensitive...I was not talking about you...these people *really are* Rich.

And not much envy...I got to haul enough suicides out of there to know..Money does not buy happiness.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    My wife, who works with many wealthy, rich and famous people defines "rich" as owning the jet. Wealthy charter it.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Money does not buy happiness.

It buys choices. Choices beat no choice. I must say, I was much happier when I had money. :grin
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • James243James243 Posts: 797 Officer
    Maybe they go for the ones with dead bodies inside.
    My wife, who works with many wealthy, rich and famous people defines "rich" as owning the jet. Wealthy charter it.

I like that one....:grin

Met a couple Billionairs...oddly, they were very nice (most people are very nice when they think you are standing between them and the grim reaper) ...
    totally unlike the " newly rich "..or the grandkids who got rich on Grampa's sweat...Believe me...you can tell easily!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled