Sanibel Trip Report 2014

TgrassTgrass DeckhandPosts: 204 Deckhand
My friends and I spent a week at my new condo on Sanibel and we had a very good outing. These are just a few pictures of some of the Snook and a few others fish that stopped by to say hello.

This is my friends best fish at 38 inches.

My friend Stan with his very first Snook. Always nice to get the first Bucket List fish, no matter the size.

My best day on the water was when I found a pod of Snook cruising the beach about 30 feet of shore on a long flat and I was able to pull 4 fish from the same school before the 5th fish wore through the bite tippet. It was my best day of the week with sight casting and landing 12 fish and at least 5 others that hit and came unbuttoned,some on some really wild jumps. Snook are really entertaining fish on so many levels.

This fish was 24 inches and one of the ones from the school

The was my best fish of the trip and I only wish we took a little time to clean her up a little. This girl was 40 inches

These are some others fish that helped make for a great trip

These are the toothy critters that can hurt you a little.

Some of the days the wind as seen in this photo was a pain but the fish still were somewhat cooperative.

This is just one of the scenes we came along when we were walking back to our car.

My friend still has not gotten over when he got slammed by a large fish that hit very hard and the surge of the fish caused his fly line to wrap around the reel or butt of the rod but the impact of the line going tight left him feeling very sad. He lost approximately 40 to 50 feet of fly line, the leader, fly and what ever ever hit.

This was the location that provided a lot of our action during the week. It was a great trip

Replies