Home Off Topic

An answer to the "LEFT LANE SLEEPERS"

Replies

• TripleXTripleX Posts: 1,774 Moderator
    This always works...
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,113 AG
    Funny stuff...that worked well :grin

I always like when people on the interstate won't pass a trooper.... he can choke down a whole interstate by just driving the speed limit.:grin
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,013 Admiral
    Here in Italy we usually have 3 lanes highways and always everybody drives on the central one, independent by the speed and traffic.
    Our code says that must be used the most right lane free but almost no one respect the law.
    To avoid the problem a new rule was recently added to the code: it permits to pass to the right.

BTW is sad when the law has to be modeled around the people idiocy.

And even now (the new rule has 6/7 years) someone who drives slow in the central lane light me when I pass on the right (they are convinced to be in the right :shrug).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    TripleX wrote: »
    This always works...

That is the perfect way to deal with it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,931 Captain
    I have found that adhering to the speed limit + 5mph can enrage other drivers
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,113 AG
    FloridaOD wrote: »
    I have found that adhering to the speed limit + 5mph can enrage other drivers

Yes...it will.
    Luckily we will be both traveling the same speed... so I won't care....:)
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    duckmanJR wrote: »

I always like when people on the interstate won't pass a trooper.... he can choke down a whole interstate by just driving the speed limit.:grin

Sometimes below the speed limit.

Interstate Pace Car.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,465 Moderator
    I would amend the left lane sign to say "Stay out of this lane unless you are passing".

Even if no one is behind you, why build bad habits? :shrug
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,451 Admiral
    I've had a couple cops I know say they speed a little bit on the interstate to keep the traffic moving.
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,388 Officer
    Nonsense...everybody in FL knows that when merging on the interstate you need to get in the left lane as soon as possible. Otherwise, you might get passed by someone and that's darn near the absolute worst thing that can happen.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,651 Admiral
    AC Man wrote: »
    I've had a couple cops I know say they speed a little bit on the interstate to keep the traffic moving.

Not to change the subject, but AC how are you feeling?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway