Home Off Topic

Boynton police "leg sweep" 13 year old boy...

Replies

• ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Do you have any idea what this expression means?

Sure I do, and I would say there was no harm to society, therefore no foul.

Are you familiar with the expression "good riddance to bad rubbish"?
    Deo Vindice
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Well, You first have to charge or indict someone to have a jury...or grand jury...and for that we have attorneys...we call them States attorneys...They make that determination...and in this case...they said no crime.

Gov employees determining the outcome of .... Gov employees. ......Sounds legit....
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,796 AG
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Sure I do, and I would say there was no harm to society, therefore no foul.

Are you familiar with the expression "good riddance to bad rubbish"?

That is exactly why that cop needs to go, sir
    Vote for the other candidate
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,201 AG
    Gov employees determining the outcome of .... Gov employees. ......Sounds legit....

Seems to have worked in America for well over 200 years...no sense changing now.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral
    Seems to have worked in America for well over 200 years

It sure has, for them
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,461 AG
    large.jpg
    Warning Level 2
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    the kid needed a front thrust kick to the gonads if you ask me
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    Well, You first have to charge or indict someone to have a jury...or grand jury...and for that we have attorneys...we call them States attorneys...They make that determination...and in this case...they said no crime.

And they always do, when it's a pig.

That's why no one trusts your sorry a$$es, except other pigs.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    SA, cops, judges, attorneys.. all in it together.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,024 AG
    Should physical violence by the police ever be the response to something verbally said by a citizen in handcuffs?

I can understand it, perhaps, if he was not following the lawful order of a police officer, but otherwise, I can't think of a way to say yes to this question.
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Tarponator wrote: »
    Should physical violence by the police ever be the response to something verbally said by a citizen in handcuffs?

I can understand it, perhaps, if he was not following the lawful order of a police officer, but otherwise, I can't think of a way to say yes to this question.
    Only if he's a thug...:wink
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Admiral
    Once again... if he keeps his mouth shut, nothing happens.
    He has two very important rights: His 1st amendment right to free speech and his Miranda right to remain silent. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is the SMARTER choice during a street-level encounter with a law enforcement officer.

To use Gary's line, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

<Disclaimer: Not saying the officer was right for using force while the kid was handcuffed, just saying if Junior was smart, most likely he wouldn't have wound up on the pavement.>
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,576 Captain
    Not saying the officer was right for using force while the kid was handcuffed

I think you are.
    SA, cops, judges, attorneys.. all in it together.

A large conspiracy.... to knock the crap out of a teenager. :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Little thugster got an important life lesson...and that is priceless. Also, the fact it happened with all his little buddies (and some that I'm sure were smiling broadly...like the bus driver) getting to watch.... Think of how good a "demonstration" of what not to do when the police tell you to do something it was for all the other little 'chillin's :rotflmao

If the police cuff you and say "sit"...you would be best served to sit...and *NOT* get up.... You will just wind up "down" again...but not in a nice gentle way.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    mjn wrote: »
    I think you are.
    Then you would be wrong. All I'm saying is sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. Ever notice how you rarely see anyone who is being polite and listening getting tazed/shot/sprayed/leg swept? Wonder why that is? :rotflmao
    Tarponator wrote: »

It was not a response to what was verbally said...THAT would be wrong.
    It was getting up after being placed "down" and told to sit there. That is failure to follow a lawful command.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Then you would be wrong. All I'm saying is sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. Ever notice how you rarely see anyone who is being polite and listening getting tazed/shot/sprayed/leg swept? Wonder why that is? :rotflmao

Funny how that works... :huh
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    A large conspiracy.... to knock the crap out of a teenager. :rotflmao
    Hell, when I was growing up, you got uppity, the neighbor would knock the crap out of you. He'd then tell your mother ... who would knock the crap out of you. Of course, after she got done busting a wooden spoon across your backside she'd say, "Just WAIT til your FATHER get's HOME"! He would come home, knock the crap out of you again, tell you why it hurt him more than it hurt you and go eat dinner.

Didn't take more than once or twice to be able to solve that particular risk/reward ratio. ;)
    This little lesson in "keep your yapper shut and do what you are told" ...will be helpful when he eventually gets to his permanent address up in Stark.... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Hell, when I was growing up, you got uppity, the neighbor would knock the crap out of you. He then tell your mother ... who would knock the crap out of you. Of course, after she got done busting a wooden spoon across your backside she'd say, "Just WAIT til your FATHER get's HOME"! He would come home, knock the crap out of you again, tell you why it hurt him more than it hurt you and go eat dinner.

Didn't take more than once or twice to be able to solve a risk/reward ratio. ;)

Dad isn't coming home in this picture...Gramma is doing the raising like in many of these situations..the "baby daddy" as is the term of today...is probably in prison and the surrogate **** host is out at the bar or is "flat backin" for crack or meth...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • mad dog bitemad dog bite Posts: 423 Officer
    yeah that worked out really well for about 6 million in **** germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What a disappointment...It took 53 posts to get one **** reference...and still no Trevon references...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,796 AG
    Little thugster got an important life lesson...and that is priceless. Also, the fact it happened with all his little buddies (and some that I'm sure were smiling broadly...like the bus driver) getting to watch.... Think of how good a "demonstration" of what not to do when the police tell you to do something it was for all the other little 'chillin's :rotflmao

If the police cuff you and say "sit"...you would be best served to sit...and *NOT* get up.... You will just wind up "down" again...but not in a nice gentle way.

Cop was a *****. Not all cops are ****, but that cop is a *****.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    What a disappointment...It took 53 posts to get one **** reference...and still no Trevon references...

sorry, I was putting on my hoodie.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,024 AG
    It was not a response to what was verbally said...THAT would be wrong.
    It was getting up after being placed "down" and told to sit there. That is failure to follow a lawful command.

I hope you are right, but how do you know this to be the case?
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,425 Admiral
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,549 Captain
    Polar wrote: »
    great, now my rents gonna go up

Yes, two fools meet and someone's going to end with a settlement.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,549 Captain
    Polar wrote: »
    great, now my rents gonna go up

Yes, two fools meet and someone's going to end up with a settlement.
  • mad dog bitemad dog bite Posts: 423 Officer

That bully of a cop never would've pulled that crap on George Zimmerman!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk