Home Off Topic

Driving habit (Left Lane sleepers)

2»

Replies

• TailHunterTailHunter Posts: 333 Deckhand
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    My pet peeve is the people that turn on their hazard lights when it's raining and continue driving.

I like to constantly flash my brights at them.
    - Travis

Shut Up and Fish

"Common sense isn't as common as commonly thought." Me
    "The unprepared man goes into the game prepared to lose." Me
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Worse than the LLC's is the cock blockers that speed up when you attempt to pass them on the right, then slow back down in the left lane. Sometimes I just wanna pit maneuver them oft the road. :devil
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,023 AG
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    My pet peeve is the people that turn on their hazard lights when it's raining and continue driving.

FWIW, that is illegal in Florida.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
    It’s simply inconsiderate.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Admiral
    FISHHUNTR wrote: »
    I do it all the time, especially on long trips (driving speed limit) it helps pass the time... besides whats wrong with it? The law sets the speed limit.. the way I interpret it if your driving less than the speed limit you should not be in the left lane. Just cause its the "fast" lane does not circumvent the law and allow you to go faster legally... duh:blowkiss

Is it wrong that I hope you die in a fire?
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,936 Admiral
    A new state law effective today makes it a $60 fine to drive 10 mphbelow the posted speed limit in the left lane on major Florida roadways.

We need another law that makes it a $60 fine for riding a bike on the road at 10 or more mph below the posted speed limit.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    y'all should drive on a german autobahn just once blocking traffic in the "passing lane"...
    you WILL be ticketed and kicked off the autobahn....license will be suspended too...
    btw, cruising speeds in the "slow lane" on an autobahn are right around 80+ to 100 mph...
    there are some restricted areas, and ALL rules are strictly enforced....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,936 Admiral
    y'all should drive on a german autobahn just once blocking traffic in the "passing lane"...
    you WILL be ticketed and kick off the autobahn....
    btw, cruising speeds in the "slow lane" on an autobahn are right around 80+ to 100 mph...
    there are some restricted areas, and ALL rules are strictly enforced....

Plust their fine amounts are based on the violators income...which is not a bad idea.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,174 AG
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Plust their fine amounts are based on the violators income...which is not a bad idea.

Another swipe on the EBT... :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • chettrickchettrick Posts: 54 Deckhand
    Back to the original question, I learned from my nephew, he can't see from his left eye so he drives in the left lane so he doesn't need to watch for the cars on his left. Made me thing about all the people I pass on the their right, many are talking with their cellphone on there left ear and staring ahead, they can't see cars on the left. So they stay over there.
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    got ants? wrote: »
    Worse than the LLC's is the cock blockers that speed up when you attempt to pass them on the right, then slow back down in the left lane. Sometimes I just wanna pit maneuver them oft the road. :devil

Had that happen to me twice today on 275. Makes you want to toss a handful of pennies at them
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    We need another law that makes it a $60 fine for riding a bike on the road at 10 or more mph below the posted speed limit.

I saw some idiot riding his bicycle on 275 this morning.
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    Is it wrong that I hope you die in a fire?

Dunno? Just realize if you get behind me in the left lane I'm getting a kick out of you giving yourself a coronary expecting me to move over. Law says I can do up to 10mph under the limit
    Really dont understand the mentallity most have over the left lane. So its for faster traffic and that gives you ownership of that space.... well someone is always going faster than you generally, so for it to work everyone needs to be going the same speed in that lane or eventually someone is going to be "slower" traffic... result never ending cycle. So then what is the speed defined to be faster traffic... 75, 80, 85....? Quite dumb really
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
    Quite dumb really

Yes, your driving habits are
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    sniffle..... i mean snortle
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
    sniffle..... i mean snortle

the anteater?
  • myjackmyjack Posts: 232 Officer
    The $60 fine is in addition to the existing law that you may be ticketed for impeding the flow of traffic.
    Most highways in FL have signs that read "Slower traffic keep right". They are on 95 in Brevard.
    If you can't read Engrish, learn it, then move your a z z over to the right lane(s).
    After driving 30+ years i've noticed these left lane idiots are becoming more and more common place... along with the ****'s with their flashers on when its raining. These people are probably one in the same.
    Johnny Law should have no problem with issuing these dipchits tickets when there's nothing better to do.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,174 AG
    myjack wrote: »
    Johnny Law should have no problem with issuing these dipchits tickets when there's nothing better to do.

John law don't give a fat rats petard about letting you go faster or writing tickets.....You are going to have to trust me on that one. :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,394 Officer
    Ah, the rat race. So many drivers with their drawers in a bunch. So many tough guys behind the wheel...kinda like the keyboard.

Some folks just can't drive with the flow of traffic in the left lane. I'm talking about the folks that gotta go 1-2 MPH faster than the flow to feel right...or those that think they're gonna pass 20 cars and find open road somehow.

Who here rides 1-2 car lengths behind someone on the interstate or highway? Can't let "that guy" get in front of ya. Speed up when they pass you or turn on their signal to merge, etc. Push, pass, and race to the next bumper.

Life is good without the rat race mentality. We all get caught up in it at some point.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    After spending a lot of time traveling, renting cars in different cities
    all of the US every 2 weeks, I've come to the conclusion that FL
    drivers are in fact the very worst I've ever seen. My impression of
    the following areas is as follows:

- California (southern): very congested, very slow. But once it clears,
    it seems they tend to just cruise within 10mph of the speed limit. And
    they use turn signals. I realized this when I noticed that I was the ****
    passing everyone and having to switch lanes frequently. I checked myself.

- IN/IL: you know these people (snowbirds). They drive slow up there too.
    But in their natural habitat, they are not as confused/indecisive. They stop
    early for yellow lights. If you drive like a Floridian, you will stand out and
    eventually get ticketed.

- TX: Dallas/Ft. Worth: too much construction for anyone to speed. Used to
    think they were the most proper drivers (never saw so many people move to the
    right when you came up behind them). Now I think they're fed up with the construction
    and they are started to show impatience/anger but not to the level that FL drivers do.

- NJ/NY (the city): congested like SoCal, but not as mellow about it. But all they do is
    honk horns, not stupid physically crazy **** like you see here.

FL - don't even know where to start. Aside from the flagrant dismissal of many traffic rules,
    people seem really really really pissed off all the time. The highway is a place where you
    compete with other drivers. Not sure why people here are like that on the highway; must be
    do to the fact that it's a crazy mix of people: old people, young people, foreign people, visitors,
    poor highway system, general FL craziness.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,394 Officer
    After spending a lot of time traveling, renting cars in different cities
    all of the US every 2 weeks, I've come to the conclusion that FL
    drivers are in fact the very worst I've ever seen. .....
    FL - don't even know where to start. Aside from the flagrant dismissal of many traffic rules,
    people seem really really really pissed off all the time. The highway is a place where you
    compete with other drivers.
    Not sure why people here are like that on the highway; must be
    do to the fact that it's a crazy mix of people: old people, young people, foreign people, visitors,
    poor highway system, general FL craziness.

Sure seems that way. Heck, some guys 'round here can have their whole day ruined over 3 chicken wings...imagine what happens when someone squeezes in front of them on the interstate. :grin
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
    That's cause 80% of the people in Florida are from somewhere up there.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    So that makes them mad?
    They don't seem to be act that way before they get here.
    I think it's the heat.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.