Home Off Topic

Help...I got water in my

divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,530 Captain
ear, and I can't shake it out.:banghead
1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Mix up 1/3 Isopropyl Alcohol, 1/3 white vinegar & 1/3 H2O2 & pour ~a thimble full in there & let it sit ~30 sec. & then let it run out...
    The 'Rubbing Alcohol' alone will work in a pinch...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • TripleXTripleX Posts: 1,774 Moderator
    x2 on rubbing alcohol....
  • divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,530 Captain
    I have tried that, not working
    1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Hold a hair dryer a couple of inches from your ear on low heat and speed. Let it blow past your ear (not directly in it) It will open it up in a couple of minutes.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    divn4$ :shrug don't know we all floored
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,897 AG
    Iso dissolves water
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.
  • TripleXTripleX Posts: 1,774 Moderator
    Maybe it's not water...
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    How to Get Water out of Ear
    It is quite easy to get rid of water in your ears. There are several home remedies that can be considered.
    Move your head from side to side and then bend the affected ear down to your shoulder and hit the opposite side with your palm. Water may come out for the force.
    You can also try applying pressure on your affected ear and letting gravity take over. Push your hand hard to the side of the ear affected and let go. The suction effect pulls the water out of your ear.
    Pour some water, using a dropper, into the affected ear. Wait for three seconds and turn around so that your ear is facing down. The water will pour out and provide you relief.
    You can also try 2 to 3 drops of rubbing alcohol and pouring it into the ear in the same way as in point 3. This also helps get the water out of your ear.
    There is also an ear drying solution that includes 50% acetic acid or simple vinegar and 50% isopropyl alcohol. Take a cotton swab and squeeze some of the solution (2 to 3 drops) into your ear. This helps loosen ear wax that may hold water in the ear.
    A hair dryer can also help get the water out of your ears. Hold the drier near your ear and wait for the hot air to evaporate the water out of your ear. Make sure you do not get burned!
    Lay down on the bed with you head hanging down, and the affected ear facing the ground. Sometimes, gravity takes over and helps you get rid of the excess water.
    You can also consider doing nothing and go to sleep with your ear towards the pillow. Sometimes, by morning, the water may have seeped out of your ear and wet the pillow.
    If the above remedies do not work, try over-the-counter solutions. Always consider the help and advice of the pharmacist before making your purchase.
    If the water in the ear does not drain out after all these solutions, you should consider medical advice. A doctor may prescribe a decongestant or an antibiotic that can help, if infection has set in, and clear fluid buildup.
    If you have encountered the problem of water being left in your ear, consider any of the abovementioned remedies to get rid of this problem. However, do not wait too long. Remember, infection can set in, and that can cause medical issues that cannot be resolved with home remedies.

http://www.md-health.com/How-To-Get-Water-Out-Of-Your-Ear.html
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,680 Admiral
    Have you thought about installing a Racor filter?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Those Brain Eating Worms that climb in your ear & chew their way to the brain feel just like water that won't come out...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    Have someone blast an air horn into the opposite ear.
  • Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    Can you spell Q-Tip?

Use them every day to clean my ears, and have since age 10 or so. Never an ear infection or ear ache, always clean dry ears.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • acesoveracesover Posts: 552 Officer
    Popeye wrote: »
    Have someone blast an air horn into the opposite ear.

LOL
    FYIWFG
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,020 AG
    I had water in my ear -- behind by eardrum. Ended up losing my hearing in my left ear -- the water (fluid) was the result of an infection that next destroyed the nerves in my ear.

Are you sure it's outside your ear drum? If not, I'd go see a doctor fast.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,963 Captain
    Tarponator wrote: »

Are you sure it's outside your ear drum? If not, I'd go see a doctor fast.

That sounds reasonable since Dive4$ is an experienced diver.
  • EngguyEngguy Posts: 191 Deckhand
    Get to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor immediately.!! I had the same thing years ago and waited to long to save my hearing in that ear!! GO NOW!!!!

You have hat is known as "Sudden Hearing Loss". It effects divers, Pilots and people who try to hold in a sneeze. You have most likely damaged your inner ear. It requires surgery to fix it.
    I waited a week to see a doctor. I went from his office to the hospital to the OR.

Go Go Go!!!
  • tailingendloop77tailingendloop77 Posts: 801 Officer
    How am I the first person to think of this...

tumblr_mz789kp6v31qza49co2_1280.png
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,032 Admiral
    My grandpa's remedy.
    Put a flat small stone behind your earlobe and gently beat it with another small stone (of course keep your head bended).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,455 AG
    Put dry rice in your ears.
    It will attract the asians who will come and
    figure it out for you.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.