ran aground trying to paint back yamaha

ChiefchuckChiefchuck Posts: 9 Greenhorn
So the ol sun (not at all my fault...) had a glare on the water and i missed the channel by a few feet on the gulf where i am not yet comfortable and i ran aground. No damage other than a little paint rubbed off but i still want to fix it. Ive heard about yamaha paint that is sold and want to hear everybodys suggestions. Im not sure what needs to be done to make sure there is a protective layer on the lower unit on top of the paint. currently it is worn down all the way to the metal and i know that wont last long. Any suggestions would be great thanks guys!

Replies

• DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    It will last. Go look at other boats. Tell us how many you find with paint still on the skeg.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • ChiefchuckChiefchuck Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    I still want it to look like new if i can. I know it will last but i want it to last longer. I go in the salt water and i know the salt will corrode the metal. I flush and wash the engin every time but i want her to look good.
  • Larry418Larry418 Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Chiefchuck wrote: »
    I still want it to look like new if i can. I know it will last but i want it to last longer. I go in the salt water and i know the salt will corrode the metal. I flush and wash the engin every time but i want her to look good.

Chief
    If you want her to look good just tape a little bow on top of her,lower the unit into the water and your good to go.
    The fish don't mind a scratched skeg......
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,734 Admiral
    You can use the Yamaha paint and that is what I would recommend, you might as well go ahead and buy a couple of gallons though, you'll need it.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers