Battle vs spinfisher v

WonderWonder Posts: 75 Deckhand
Ok so I have both the battle 4000 and spinfisher v 4500 for about a couple months and fish with on the flats to the skyway. So far I love my spinfisher v over the battle. God 30$ makes a big difference. BTW both are on the same rods. Any opinions from people that has both?

Replies

• DragScreamerDragScreamer Posts: 1,475 Officer
    Wonder wrote: »
    Ok so I have both the battle 4000 and spinfisher v 4500 for about a couple months and fish with on the flats to the skyway. So far I love my spinfisher v over the battle. God 30$ makes a big difference. BTW both are on the same rods. Any opinions from people that has both?

The spinfisher is too heavy for casting and retrieving lures all day if im fishing the flats...a 2000 battle would probably be more enjoyable
    Let's go fishing!
  • WonderWonder Posts: 75 Deckhand
    That's why I'm getting the 3500
  • bob8619bob8619 Posts: 301 Officer
    Hey Wonder, I dont want to thread jack but with the battle 4000, do you have any trouble with wind knots? I get soooooo many and I'm about to throw it in the ocean.
    bob8619 wrote: »
    Hey Wonder, I dont want to thread jack but with the battle 4000, do you have any trouble with wind knots? I get soooooo many and I'm about to throw it in the ocean.

I do get lots off wind knots and also bad line lays. The spin fisher v has been good about it.
    I guess I need to just sell this **** thing
    Get the spin fisher they will not disappoint. The battle is a good reel, but the spin fisher v is so much better.
    Just to let you know I dunk the v on sand the first day and still fells as good as new!
  • HennessytHennessyt Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    I have both also, I love the battle but after it got dunk no more than ten seconds it locked up in about ten minutes. I could barely crank the handle. I got the spin fisher so wouldn't have to working about that while wading.
    Spinfisher v is the way to go! My battle is just a spare. Will get the 3500 this weekend and let you know.
    My only complaint is the wind knots on my Battle 4000, Mines been underwater, through the sand etc and still works fine. But I'm not convinced that it is the reel to blame for my wind knots. Its not a matter of over spooling for me, nor is it due to not closing the bail manually. Its simply a matter of loose line getting on the reel while using lightweight baits that require twitching. My opinion is this would occur on any reel because when you twitch, it creates slack which you then reel up. I can't say whether or not some reels prevent this loose line from coming off all at once though.
    My only complaint is the wind knots on my Battle 4000, Mines been underwater, through the sand etc and still works fine. But I'm not convinced that it is the reel to blame for my wind knots. Its not a matter of over spooling for me, nor is it due to not closing the bail manually. Its simply a matter of loose line getting on the reel while using lightweight baits that require twitching. My opinion is this would occur on any reel because when you twitch, it creates slack which you then reel up. I can't say whether or not some reels prevent this loose line from coming off all at once though.

Ok just got the SSV 3500 OMG so much lighter! This reel is going to get used this weekend.
    Ok just got the SSV 3500 OMG so much lighter! This reel is going to get used this weekend.

Ok just tried my new 3500 with a 7'6 redbone off my dock this weekend for and hour and all I can say I'm impress! Will
    Keep you guys posted on it.
  • DAIWA KINGDAIWA KING Posts: 55 Deckhand
    if your not satisfied, get a daiwa lexa its cheaper and lighter.
    I ONLY USE DAIWA...
  • surferjs01surferjs01 Posts: 184 Officer
    I have both a 4000 battle and 3, 3500 spinfisher v's. The battle is a great reel if you are going to be casting all day because it's light weight, and for $100 you really can't beat it. But the spinfisher v's are absolutely amazing. It may be a little heavy but it has a smooth cast and return. Not only that but it has the smoothest drag that I have ever experienced! I have used the 3500's and they never fail me. I once caught a 42 inch cobia on a 3500 with 15lb braid without even having to follow the fish. I also own, a 5500 and 7500 for offshore and they do well with whatever type of fishing!
    Follow me on instagram for daily catches! @surferjs12
    Good to know that i'm not the only one that think's this is a great reel. I will be getting another 3500 paired with a star rod 7'6 seagis MH for inshore and maybe a 6500-7500 for off shore.
    Good to know that i'm not the only one that think's this is a great reel. I will be getting another 3500 paired with a star rod 7'6 seagis MH for inshore and maybe a 6500-7500 for off shore.

Update on the 3500 V been doing very well dunked it a few times and been catching 3-4 foot baby bullsharks and still keeps going. I'm very impress with this reel. The old lady has the battle now.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Why not the conquer? I like the little battle I have but need a bigger one too. The V is pretty heavy for deep jigging.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Why not the conquer? I like the little battle I have but need a bigger one too. The V is pretty heavy for deep jigging.

I tried getting one was on clearance at ****'s , but can't find any.
    I tried getting one was on clearance at ****'s , but can't find any.

Another update on the spinfisher v just got a star rod seagis and all i can say is OMG. This going to catch alot of fish. Very light with this reel.
    Holy crap just got a 38 plus snook on a spinfisher v 3500 with the star Seagis!! She was running side to side.
    O.k. Have been fishing for while and notime to get back for updates, but all I can say is these reel are the bomb. Was on vacation and took the 3500 out at the beach with a 7'6 star seagis medium rod and all I can say OMG. Hooked a 40 inch snook on the beach and no problems. Got dunked in the waves drop in the water and still keep going for 5 day without a problem. BTW forgot the reel cleaners and grease at home. Still kept going. Will be getting another.
  • OnTheFlats27OnTheFlats27 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    I get a lot of windknots and this drives me insane but Fins windtamer is great alternative. I use 15 lb on my battle 4000
  • SizeMattersSizeMatters Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    I have the Spinfisher V... 8500 LL, 6500 LL and a 6500... Best reels i have ever owned. I abuse them! Surf Fishing all the time! Going strong!
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,401 Admiral
    I get a lot of windknots and this drives me insane but Fins windtamer is great alternative. I use 15 lb on my battle 4000

The trick with these "cheap" penns , like the battle , sargus and fierce is not to over fill them with line. Leave about a 3mm - 4mm gap like pictured below... Remember to flip the bail manually and pull the line taut before you retrieve.

I have a 4500 spinfisher v , the line lay on that thing is flawless and it's filled right to the edge of the spool ,NO problems. Definitely worth every penny over the battles.

bf0ynjn.jpg

HYTCdU2.jpg
  • Mikel01Mikel01 Posts: 34 Deckhand
    On my surf rods, the battle 8000 is much easier to cast/handle than the 9500.