Canaveral Charter for this week! Recommendations!

Taking clients offshore this Friday.

Can anyone give me recommendation for a good boat and crew out of Canaveral or Ponce?

Thank you very much.

GatorGreg1

Replies

• Procraft1750Procraft1750 Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Capitan Art With Arts Adventures out of Cape Marina I have uses him for a couple trips great mate each trip and always catch fish.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,709 AG
    Captain Brad on the Brassy Hooker will get you on fish.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • ExcavatorExcavator Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    We just opened are boat for charters. It is a nice 40 foot sportfish. Captain Joey has been running boats out the the port for several years. Nice setup assuredthang.com check out are website. Not trying to high jack the post but I thought i would throw it out there. All mentioned are great. Good luck when you go.
  • MootyBluesMootyBlues Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    X2 for Captain Art. You will catch fish all day!
    Capitan Art With Arts Adventures out of Cape Marina I have uses him for a couple trips great mate each trip and always catch fish.
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,786 Admin
    There are a lot of good Charter boats out of Port Canaveral so whoever you pick you will have a good time. Everyone has different expectations when it comes to charter fishing. Some are meat fisherman, some chasing that trophy species that they have not been able to punch off their bucket list, others may be visiting the are and are just looking for a great time on the water. Many travelers are practicing catch and release since they can not take fillets home on an airplane or store in the hotel. One option for those clients is to take enough fish to have a local restaurant (like Grills) cook their catch and serve with all the fixins! Eitherway talk to your captain and let him know what you want out of the day so he knows how to best serve you.

With so many charter captains available, I typically narrow down the recommendations to the local operations that post up on here. Brassy Hooker is one of them. Brad runs a top notch operation.
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Captain Brad on the Brassy Hooker will get you on fish.
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
  • Hotfoot5Hotfoot5 Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Brassy Hooker!
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,658 Admin
    Brad on the Brassy Hooker is a lot of fun to fish with.

Couple others that you'll have trip with as well.

Tim Fletcher
    http://www.coolbeanscharters.com/

Jeff Brown
    http://copoutfishing.com/
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • GatorGreg1GatorGreg1 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Thanks a TON for the recommendations. We didn't get out last weekend but shooting for this week. I'd like to put them on some dolphin then maybe jump on some grouper and bust their backs with a reef donkey!

I've got another question.

We've got a full moon next Friday and have always heard the bite shuts down around it. Is that generally thought to be fact or fiction?

Again, thanks for the intel.

Gatorgreg1
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,709 AG
    Snapper bite at night should be world class...and nice and cool.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • copoutcopout Posts: 144 Officer
    You can't go wrong with most of those mentioned. Docked Wages is spot on!! :grin