Home Off Topic

Stop the adds...!!

TowersTowers Posts: 681 Officer
This annoying side add that keeps popping up is especially a big pain in the butt... Sportsman... you guys gotta stop that crap... it's just as easy to click another website to spend my time... please remove it..

Replies

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,822 Admin
    AdBlock Plus is free and works - haven't had a pop-up since I downloaded it:
    https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Steve WSteve W Posts: 613 Officer
    Should have titled this "Subtract the adds"
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    FS plants pop up ads that interfere with reading this cluster **** of a forum, then suggests that you install additional software to keep the ads from popping up.

Funny.
    Calusa wrote: »
    FS plants pop up ads that interfere with reading this cluster **** of a forum, then suggests that you install additional software to keep the ads from popping up.

Funny.

Wrong again.
    I suggested you install the software.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,347 Admiral
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    AdBlock Plus is free and works - haven't had a pop-up since I downloaded it:
    https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

I installed it for ie and it doesn't stop it at all.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Spineyman wrote: »
    I installed it for ie and it doesn't stop it at all.

Disable , close you browser restart and re-enable it.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Wrong again.
    I suggested you install the software.

nuevowavo
    OT Administrator

Nice try at denying that you are FS, Mr. Administrator.
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,124 Captain
    We should btt every one of the 20 threads about this and let them all sit on the front page. Maybe if it were viewed from that perspective, someone may take notice.
    marlin_baitball.gif
    nuevowavo
    OT Administrator

Wrong again.
    We are volunteers who participate in the moderation of the member-posted content of the Forum, and have no information on the advertisements.
    As a member (like you. Well, not exactly like you.) I posted the link to software that helped me block those annoying ads.
    You're welcome.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,173 Captain
    Most folks can no more change browser settings or add plug ins than they can fly the space shuttle.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    :grin
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    Towers wrote: »
    This annoying side add that keeps popping up is especially a big pain in the butt... Sportsman... you guys gotta stop that crap... it's just as easy to click another website to spend my time... please remove it..

Give me $5000 and I'll teach you how to block ads.

If not, it won't hurt anyone's feelings if you go to another site...bye, bye
    Wrong again.
    We are volunteers who participate in the moderation of the member-posted content of the Forum, and have no information on the advertisements.
    As a member (like you. Well, not exactly like you.) I posted the link to software that helped me block those annoying ads.
    You're welcome.

Not talking about "we", we're talking about YOU. Why doesn't it say OT Volunteer under your member name rather than Administrator? How do I know when you post as Nuevo, or post as Administrator, or post as "volunteer"?

Shifty one, aren't you?
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,622 AG
    Can we just have a sticky at the top of OT telling people how to get rid of this annoying ****?

I mean it seems like every week or three or four days someone is complaining about it.

For those that have not already done it.

1)Make Firefox/Mozilla your browser.
    2)Download adblock plus

*** This has worked for me for many years...............your millage may vary.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    Can we just have a sticky at the top of OT telling people how to get rid of this annoying ****?

I mean it seems like every week or three or four days someone is complaining about it.

For those that have not already done it.

1)Make Firefox/Mozilla your browser.
    2)Download adblock plus

*** This has worked for me for many years...............your millage may vary.

I'm tired of posting it so the links are in my sig
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,622 AG
    Very nice:applause

Can we make jad1097 a sticky?:grin
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Fisherman12Fisherman12 Posts: 645 Officer
    Wrong again.
    You're welcome.

I missed this.

This is why I am back.

And maybe because season is over and it's slow at the office.
  • Fisherman12Fisherman12 Posts: 645 Officer
    By the way.... ads

That is all.
    Very nice:applause

Can we make jad1097 a sticky?:grin

I don't understand why the admin has failed to make one of the many threads a sticky.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,347 Admiral
    Disable , close you browser restart and re-enable it.

Thanks, that worked this time. The add is now blocked and hopefully for good.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• TowersTowers Posts: 681 Officer
    nuevowavo
    OT Administrator

Calusa... he's probably just a babysitter.. i dont blame him and god knows i blame everyone for the hell of it..
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    jad1097 wrote: »
    I don't understand why the admin has failed to make one of the many threads a sticky.

nobody forces you to click on any thread
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Free Calusa!
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Finfinder wrote: »
    nobody forces you to click on any thread

I'm not the one complaining about ads. Unlike you, I am being helpful. The admins and mods have provided links for users to prevent the ads since they are apparently obnoxious ones. Hence the reason I do not understand why there is not sticky. Guess you are too blind to comprehend it :troll
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    If you have adds or pop ups you're using the wrong browser and plugins.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    All of America's military "are volunteers".
    Wrong again.

You "participate in the moderation" entirely at the pleasure of FS.
    All of America's military "are volunteers".

Yes, they are. Although they get paid.

You "participate in the moderation" entirely at the pleasure of FS.

FS has never been involved in the moderation of this Forum, not the selection, dismissal nor decisions of the moderator staff,
    not since FSEric was designated the first administrator.
    The inmates run this asylum.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    dstockwell wrote: »
    If you have adds or pop ups you're using the wrong browser and plugins.
    ever stop to think offering some help instead of showing your butt mught be a way of contributing in a positive way??