Bonita on the flats...

HA... You didn't really fall for that did you? :rotflmao

I had a slow day yesterday down in Wabasso starting to see a bit of **** grass down there. I wound up with 5 Snook with the biggest about 22 inches...Had one decent Red hit the jig close to the boat but must have just got the tail and not the hook.

Launched at yacht club today...water was smelly :huh There is still a bunch of **** grass around...Looked at a couple spots and caught a Trout about 16 inches and jumped two ladyfish...sand gnats were ferocious so I decided to run off the beach and look around. Didn't see much down south and had to make it an early day...At the inlet there were some little Bonita...caught a few before they got smart..

IMG_20140530_082550_zpszchvenjr.jpg

A lot more fight and drag pulling than a trout.... :grin
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    What happened to your boat?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,707 AG
    Before.......... or after I bought it?......:wink
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,707 AG
    You are probably talking about my older brothers failed attempt at filling where a pop up cleat was installed by the previous owner. :grin
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    :huh With a torch?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • HookupAndGoHookupAndGo Posts: 200 Deckhand
    Joe's proof doesn't matter how good the boat looks.... fish don't seem to care!

Water looked amazing this morning crossing the causeway. At least you got out and got some fish in the boat. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully the fish will continue to be cooperative.

Nice work and a different fish for the day
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,902 Admiral
    On my out of the inlet last ARS season we saw some macs blowing up bait... I had my inshore set up on board and tossed out a cal on a jig for a little bottom cut bait. Well I hooked up to like a 15lb Bonita and it prob gave my little 3000 and med action rod it's best test to date.
    Talk about a drag screamer 15 min later I got her. Lol
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,706 Captain
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    HA... You didn't really fall for that did you? :rotflmao

Wouldn't be that surprising the way you catch fish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

. www.AOKCharters.com

. www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.