Repainting the outboard, any good shops?

So, the verado's paint needs refreshed. Considering a custom white paint job as opposed to black since it'll last longer in this heat. Any recommendations for shops in the Melbourne area?

Cheers!

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,705 AG
    Any body shop should be able to do that....
    If it does 'Vettes it should be able to do that...

Before you paint....try and use an aggresive compound and buff it....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • RealSeabeeRealSeabee Posts: 577 Officer
    First, I'd have to go with Duckman and use some Compound - Filler - Wax and see what you get before shelling out cash.

just the cowling or entire engine? If just the cowling then you might consider a simple wrap. I have a partial wrap on my Merc 150 4 stroke and like it very much. Mine is custom (no "copy", my idea and they made it electronically) and it is only a partial cover but I will tell you I paid 135, installed. I used CSI Sign here in Titusville off Hopkins. Since using them to design what would become the theme of my Skiff, I have used them for other custom projects as well. Very Happy with their service and in my opinion, worth the drive from Melbourne.

Anyway, just a thought.

If the entire engine I'd have to ask my guys over at Chain of Lakes Marine (Sanford, FL) and see who does that or if they in fact do that kind of work.

Google is also a good spot to look around...I found theoutboardpaintshop.com that are located in Hialeah, FL (not Melbourne but in-state) and looking at their Photo Gallery, they do good work and definitely have great Ideas.

Good Luck...
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!