Home General Freshwater Fishing

Lake Griffin 5/18/2014

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,319 Moderator
My bass club got an early start on Griffin I elected to run to some schooling fish I found in a canal. Got a 15" quick but no other bites. Headed back out to the lake and seen them start popping near the mouth. Hooked a good fish about 4+ pounds and lost it at the boat . :banghead That ALWAYS comes back to bite me ..

It did. I never replaced it. I was able to finish out my limit and got one cull upgrade there. Went to Haines and was going to fish the marsh but another club member had already worked it over (and got 3rd for his efforts). Nothing there and went North to the Emerald marsh. 4 dinks that were no help.

Weighed in 8 lbs for 5th place. The big bag for the day was over 20lbs so I was fishing for 2nd or 3rd but those spots pay. Missing that 4 in the morning ruined that. :cry

Bringing 20lbs with 4 fish ( one was only a pound) to the scale is a good day ! Second place was 11lb , 3rd 10lb .

Big fish weighed 7-11 caught by Jacky (in orange shirt) showing his 3 big bass.

griffinwin_zpsc7fb5286.jpg

Big stringer was caught near the mouth of Haines throwing worms. My fish and 3rd place was on Rapalas with some bass being caught on toads and flipping by other members.
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• StratosStratos Posts: 149 Officer
    Good report. 5th place is still a respectable finish. Congratulations
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    You'll git em next time Louis!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,938 Admiral
    Good job, Louie :wink.
    I hope you're going well after operation.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur