Home General Freshwater Fishing

Rivers/Creeks near Orlando

I've gotten back into fishing over the past few months. I really enjoy river fishing from the shore. I've been going to Little Big Econ State Forest to fish the Econlockhatchee, while there are a ton of good places to fish there I was curious if y'all knew of any other good rivers or creeks to fish in around the Orlando area?

Replies

• JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    Google maps and Bings map will be your friend.... scouting areas will also help you out a lot... a lot of people aren't going to
    give out infor to a new person... put in your time and you might get some help... other then that... keep looking around and
    fishing new places in your area... Trust me we have all done it.... fishing from shore sucks because there aren't many places to
    do it... so if you do happen upon a HONEY hole.... pm me and let me know about and NEVER EVER say anything to anyone
    on this forum... trust me... :grin:grin
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,335 Moderator
    Welcome aboard boom180 ! We have a lot of fun here (as you can see) so don't get discouraged .

The google earth maps are great for finding small waters and Orlando is pock marked with thousands of them.
    Some require permission due to being private but some are open. I don't live in the area but I know there is canoe creek that runs into Lake Cypress from Lake Gentry. Not really a creek , more of a canal.

You are pretty close to the St.Johns so anywhere south of Sanford it is pretty narrow.
    Good luck and post us a report when you wack 'um.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • boom180boom180 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the replies guys! Google maps is definitley my friend. Thanks to it I've had some luck finding a few places not too far away from my apartment. I plan on checking out Canoe creek on my next day off, I'll let y'all know how that goes. Thanks again!