Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Great Snook Bite Today

Crazy May coldfront conditions today. I went out knowing it was not gona be an easy day but tried my best and it payed off. Ive been watching people lose Big Snook alot the past year so I have been bringing along two new pigsticker set ups that I have used for personal use in certain hazardous big snook fishing situations. The bite was definitely not very active but these anglers stuck with me fishing well and their work paid off for them by landing some Beautiful fish.gugyteza.jpgy9y8u4yq.jpgaqevazu9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com

Replies

• Joe SnookJoe Snook Posts: 468 Deckhand
    ]my finger hit the post button on accident

southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Nice snook Capt Joe....what did your customers get them on...arties or livies?
    Thanks dt. Livies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,272 Officer
    Very nice. Good job.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 612 Officer
    Went out yesterday with the old man. Saw a very nice school all holed up on the outgoing. Mouths closed shut. Fresh dead mullet, live pilchards, x-raps, a few yozuri setups, pretty much every trick we had. Ended up getting one on the second cast of my last resort secret weapon. Ended up coming in at 31.75 inches... Sorry for the crappy pictures. Was by myself when I got home.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 10,454 AG
    I was there Friday and gave up with the wind and muddy water .
    Ran to the Far Backcountry and jumped Tarpon and Bull sharks for most of the day with Jigs and fresh dead Finger Mullet
    Had a Customer/ Friend from Ohio with me and his first Tarpon ever jumped in the Boat (25lb). Bout scared him to death.
    At least we weren't getting blown all over the coves...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Great fish buddy
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
    Thanks chaz.
    Not sure if it makes a difference Big but these were caught on the incoming.
    Yep turner I went out with a buddy avweek ago up there to leisure fish and we got our share all on arties. yby2a6u5.jpg

• FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    BigTime wrote: »
    Ended up getting one on the second cast of my last resort secret weapon. Ended up coming in at 31.75 inches... Sorry for the crappy pictures. Was by myself when I got home.
    I hope this did not happen on the west coast of Fla?
    That's a Fresh Water Snook. That sucker is dark.
    Don't know where it came from but that's a good Backcountry fish...
  • cmaxcmax Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    BigTime wrote: »
    Went out yesterday with the old man. Saw a very nice school all holed up on the outgoing. Mouths closed shut. Fresh dead mullet, live pilchards, x-raps, a few yozuri setups, pretty much every trick we had. Ended up getting one on the second cast of my last resort secret weapon. Ended up coming in at 31.75 inches... Sorry for the crappy pictures. Was by myself when I got home.

Snook are out of season on the west coast. You should not be keeping these fish.
  • BridgeRodBridgeRod Posts: 211 Officer
    cmax wrote: »
    Snook are out of season on the west coast. You should not be keeping these fish.
    he never said he kept the fish
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    He even apologized for the "crappy" pictures of the fish on his paver driveway/patio deck. Pretty sure he kept it. Hope it was on east coast side of Florida or he may be getting a visit from the FWC.
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,380 Officer
    954 area code in his sig.............Ft Lauderdale area
    Member #10822
    Placing a snook on dry ground during closed season is considered possession. Whereas, holding it horizontal (always) for a quick photo or measurement is not. These fish are too valuable for us to waste.
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Posts: 191 Officer
    Nice report Capt. Joe!

Charles
    Ok so lets just clear the air here before too many people get their panties in a bunch and start running around their front yard in an outrage whereing **** tassles and swinging their purse around in a complete outrage.
    Snook are legal to keep still on the East Coast of FL. And Yes there are plenty of black snook on that coast all up and down it. They have awesome spillways, rivers and canals jus to name a. Few so dont go kickin the neighbors cat about the pic of this dudes beautiful legal harvest catch.

Joe Snook wrote: »
    Ok so lets just clear the air here before too many people get their panties in a bunch and start running around their front yard in an outrage whereing **** tassles and swinging their purse around in a complete outrage.
    Snook are legal to keep still on the East Coast of FL. And Yes there are plenty of black snook on that coast all up and down it. They have awesome spillways, rivers and canals jus to name a. Few so dont go kickin the neighbors cat about the pic of this dudes beautiful legal harvest catch.

Joe, your above post is more than a bit condescending and misguided at best. Clearly his post would have been more appropriate had it been made in the correct regional section, versus in a fishing report section for an area that is currently closed to harvest.
    Absolutely thats why its so funny It was a joke with facts. what really makes this funny is im pretty sure that was the intent of that pic. Being posted in the first place. And it played out perfectly

Nice Backcountry Snook, Go git another one ...
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    Joe Snook wrote: »
    Absolutely thats why its so funny It was a joke with facts. what really makes this funny is im pretty sure that was the intent of that pic. Being posted in the first place. And it played out perfectly

Joe, so your saying that somebody intentionally put an East Coast fish in a West Coast section just to troll the members? If that's the case, I'll just have to move the posts. McNut was perfectly in his right to question the legality of the catch as it was posted in our section. I didn't see any **** tassles by the way..........
    P1000022_2.jpg
    I can only speculate on anothers intentions so take it for what its worth.
    I agree cause when I saw it I was like **** no one can be that Dumb so I looked up his profile and said to myself, you got me.
    No **** tassles? Well we have a mutual friend who can remedy that for you if you book a trip with him BUT NO TOUCHING!

• Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Captain
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Joe, so your saying that somebody intentionally put an East Coast fish in a West Coast section just to troll the members? If that's the case, I'll just have to move the posts. McNut was perfectly in his right to question the legality of the catch as it was posted in our section. I didn't see any **** tassles by the way..........
    Or maybe he was surfing the "whats new" section and didnt realize it was a west coast forum. Just saw a snook and decided to post his. Or maybe, like myself, dont know where Ten Thousand Islands is or which coast. Doesnt say east or west. I have read some of BigTimes posts and i don't think he's a troll.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org