Home Egret Boats

Just put an offer on a 1998 Egret 189

2»

Replies

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Monoman wrote: »
    Before I put the fuel cap riser on my 167 it had recurring issues with water in my fuel. My boat sat outdoors uncovered so it was likely south Florida downpours and maybe some ethanol early on. I had a cover for a few years and now all of this talk has me ordering a new one.... ok an uncovered boat gets filthy too.

In the long run Frank could consider offering vent options. 1) As-is today 2) with riser 3) clam-shell overboard. ... can the clam-shell go in the cockpit if it doesn't drain to the bilge?

Pick your poison. Water can get in any of them.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • Early RetireeEarly Retiree Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Picked up the power pole, trolling motor, depth finder/gps and VHF radio yesterday. Have a date scheduled with Frank at the Egret factory to get everything installed and the boat refurbished in early April. It is coming together. Can't wait to use the boat soon.
    Picked up the boat from KMC Marine in Lighthouse Point, FL and brought it home to Georgia. Got the boat out on the water today for the first time with my brother and we caught a mess of whiting. Taking the boat to the factory next Thursday to have it refurbished. Can't wait to fix her up.
  • stricklcstricklc Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Good luck with the new boat. I think you are going to love it. I live in Calif and called the place it was listed at when it was first placed on the market. I hesitated due to my uncertainties about the trailer being able to make it cross country. My loss is your gain. I hope you enjoy her and please post some pictures so you can rub it in my face how nice it came out. Anyway thinking of a 21 moccasin now so it's all good.

strick
    Dropped off the boat on April the 10th at the factory and learned quite a bit talking to Frank as he went over the boat with me. They are working up a list of stuff to do to refurbish the boat. When it is all done i think it will look like new. Lots of other boats were there in various stages of construction and it was interesting to see the differences between a new 189 and my 1998 version.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,393 Officer
    Looking forward to seeing the refurbished boat. Post some pics when you get it back.
    Picking the boat up this Saturday! Can't wait to see it after being refurbished and updated. Opted to get a new trailer with a swing away tongue as well. Will take some pictures soon.
  • lowerkeyslowerkeys Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    post up some pictures when you get a chance. It would also be helpful to hear about how you thought the refurbish went. thanks for sharing and good luck with the new old boat