Bosses coming to town!

Hello Forum, I have my 2 bosses coming to town and will be here Saturday May 3rd and expressed an interest in going fishing. The majority of my trips and certainly my good spots are all offshore. Unfortunately time and fear of them getting seasick will not allow me to go offshore. I was thinking of going over to the Sanibel Causeway to try to pull out some Goliath Groupers. Any idea at what depth of the columns I should present the bait, will pins do the trick? Looking for any other advice to get a sized fish (from St. James to Ft. Myers Beach) without going offshore. Species of fish is irrelevant.

Replies

• PilchardPilchard Posts: 1,373 Officer
    Catch threadfins....Chum shell creek....catch jacks....take jacks to causeway to catch jewfish.

Pinfish will not get bit. Need a bigger bait.

You can also soak a dead baits in front of Ding Darling or drift threadfins for tarpon.

Better yet, hire a guide and expense it.
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 873 Officer
    Capt. Ben Chancey had a TV show where he caught monster goliath at the causeway using whole catfish.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Catch threads and drift around Knapps point for tarpon and sharks.
    Or take the threads to the passes and have fun with snook.
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,652 Moderator
    Bonine ,bonine I have the crew take it the night before and the AM of the trip. Good luck keep the bosses happy.
    larrywitt