Weekend Sanibel Tarpon

Nope none.

Fished Doubles and Sundial Saturday until 3. Saw a pair of fish going west from my condo, in 21'. There were 3 guys pitching threads at nothing I could see. The best day for the beach with the north wind.

Threadfins were at the color change / weed line at the SC tripod.

Today, pretty much the same. The weed line was further west but held threads. Saw a free jumper in front of the condo. Only fish seen all day. Wind turned SW in the afternoon and killed sight fishing.

Lots of Spanish at the C span earlier in the day..

The end.
"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

Replies

• doubledupdoubledup Posts: 235 Officer
    Nope none.

Fished Doubles and Sundial Saturday until 3. Saw a pair of fish going west from my condo, in 21'. There were 3 guys pitching threads at nothing I could see. The best day for the beach with the north wind.

Threadfins were at the color change / weed line at the SC tripod.

Today, pretty much the same. The weed line was further west but held threads. Saw a free jumper in front of the condo. Only fish seen all day. Wind turned SW in the afternoon and killed sight fishing.

Lots of Spanish at the C span earlier in the day..

The end.

I ran down to knapps from Boca Friday and Saturday. Jacked em on Friday and didn't see a fish on Saturday. Don't know the land marks well down there as I have only fished down there about a dozen times in my life but Friday I was in 18 feet of water about due south of a big American flag......
  • doubledupdoubledup Posts: 235 Officer
    I have tarpon fished every day for the last 3 weeks, even in the NASTY weather. I haven't really had two consecutive consistent days in the same spot. There are TON of fish around bit they either move out of the area or do not feed well for more than a day or two in the same area. I have had some great days and some really crappy days, seems like I can't have just a average day right now. Put it this way, I burned $800 of fuel since last Monday when in a normal year I would only burn about $400 during that same time frame.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,332 AG
    Heard the beach is full of bait, so it shouldn't be long, but inside, Gary, inside.
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Posts: 390 Officer
    I was 140 miles offshore this past weekend, and I saw what appeared to be a massive school of tarpon, moving at breakneck speed towards the beaches. I've seen them before, grouper fishing west of the pass in the summer heading due west in 120 feet of water. This looked to be the same. These fish were not busting bait on the surface but coming up, rolling on the surface while making very good speed.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,332 AG
    Moving in from offshore with the new moon in April. Headed inshore to feed. Awesome news!