Would post fishing report, but

I would like to post a fishing report, but the commercial cast netter's have ruined paradise. Anyone that follows my post knows I love to fish El Jo Bean bridge(trussles). About 4 weeks ago the commercial cast netters moved in and they are taking everything they get in their nets Sheepshead, trout, redfish Spanish mac and the cat food fish they are trying to net. They are also ripping the oysters off the bottom. I have not seen any snook taken, but don't know. I know they need to make a living, but they need to respect the area also. Another spot ruined by commercial netting. I can tell you that since they started netting there the fishing is horrible there.

Replies

• nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    sorry to hear about that
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,158 Captain
    Someone may know differently, but those guys throwing cast nets are targeting mullet. Not exactly commercial netting on the scale that we would refer to.
    As we all know, snook cannot be sold.
    The last that I've heard, fishing is quite good at the El Jobean pier.
  • Real VReal V Posts: 465 Officer
    They are not mullet fisherman they are either catching bait for their crab traps or for cat food. They are not cast netting on the pier side. The camo boat was back again this morning. I fish out of a boat and I will not fish the pier side if anyone is on the pier and the pier was full today. Their have been mullet boats that net this area and they don't net it the same way these guy are doing.